Session 5-15 & 5-16: Season Outline

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
Session 5-15 is (currently) scheduled for Thursday October 8th at 10 PM Eastern Time. We will be discussing the Outline for the Season, deciding which events should go in which episode.

I typically do not post the discussion thread for a new session until the most recent one is finished. But since we've already had two threads to discuss miscellaneous elves and villains (I jumped the gun a little bit there!), I thought that in this case, it might be more beneficial to open this new thread to give us more than two weeks to hash out the logistics. But by all means, go ahead and continue to post on the Session 5-13/5-14 thread to discuss the villains' plotlines prior to the Sept. 24th session.

Here is the GANTT chart I am going to present to the hosts next month. Obviously, it's not ready yet! So, let's figure out what our key events are and which episodes they will happen in, so we can complete the chart. And then let the hosts rearrange it ;)

(Please let me know if anyone has any difficulty accessing the document)

Edit: Session 5-16, on October 22nd, covered the final two episodes of the Season 5 outline, as well as finishing up some questions from the previous session.

Last edited:
For Orcs attacking Thargelion (and the Gelion-Ascar Stockade), I think the safest bet is Episode 5, since the next event for the Haladin (Thingol accepting the Haladin taking up shop in Brethil) is for Episode 6; the latest that Tevildo might die is Episode 7 (maybe Thingol accepts on condition that they take out Tevildo).

Also, the GANTT chart says that Hador is killed in the Dagor Bragollach. I thought we had decided that Hador is dead from old age by the Dagor Bragollach as he’d be too old to fight. Also for 6.4.1., where it says that Galdor and Gundor fight in the Dagor Bragollach, Gundor is KIA.

As I said in the opening post, the GANTT chart is not ready yet. We have to update it over the next month, in light of all the discussions we've had thus far. I was going to wait for the Villains session to tidy up that section, but the Sindar section can certainly be worked on in light of the past two sessions, and any improvements to the Men/Elves sections can happen now.

Now, it is possible to look at this in terms of what the primary story of each episode will be, or in terms of how arcs will play out. We'll have to consider both to put together a coherent system. I think the first step ought to be determining the list of items on the left. Once we're pretty comfortable with *what* is happening in the show, we can then focus on when it should happen - in which order, and in which episode.

This season is very, very full. Everything we've discussed so far is enough for a full 3 plots in every episode, which is...a lot of material. One way to look at the storylines would be primary story only. If so, the Episode break-down might look like this:
  1. Bëor meets Finrod
  2. Aredhel leaves Gondolin
  3. Eöl/Aredhel wedding and death of Bëor (both fairly major events; not sure which one is the 'primary' storyline)
  4. Stockade Battle
  5. Thingol episode? - Haleth in Nan Dungortheb/Green Elves alarmed by soon-to-be House of Hador
  6. ???
  7. Council in Estolad
  8. Andreth moves her people to Dorthonion
  9. Andreth/Aegnor relationship
  10. Fingolfin's failed push for an attack on Angband
  11. Aredhel's return to Gondolin and death
  12. Dagor Bragollach
  13. Dagor Bragollach aftermath + Fingolfin's duel with Morgoth
There is some space to move some things around....but our 'big' events' can't share screen time with each other. We can tell the Aredhel/Eöl story in the background of other episodes, and we could move Aredhel's return to Gondolin to Episode 10 if we wanted to. But we can't, for instance, put the very involved Council in the same episode as Andreth's decision to leave Nargothrond. [Episode 6 primary storyline certainly has the potential to be something with Annael/Rhogrin and Hador...but I didn't want to get ahead of myself there.]

Now, it is possible to look at this in terms of what the primary story of each episode will be, or in terms of how arcs will play out. We'll have to consider both to put together a coherent system. I think the first step ought to be determining the list of items on the left. Once we're pretty comfortable with *what* is happening in the show, we can then focus on when it should happen - in which order, and in which episode.

This season is very, very full. Everything we've discussed so far is enough for a full 3 plots in every episode, which is...a lot of material. One way to look at the storylines would be primary story only. If so, the Episode break-down might look like this:
  1. Bëor meets Finrod
  2. Aredhel leaves Gondolin
  3. Eöl/Aredhel wedding and death of Bëor (both fairly major events; not sure which one is the 'primary' storyline)
  4. Stockade Battle
  5. Thingol episode? - Haleth in Nan Dungortheb/Green Elves alarmed by soon-to-be House of Hador
  6. ???
  7. Council in Estolad
  8. Andreth moves her people to Dorthonion
  9. Andreth/Aegnor relationship
  10. Fingolfin's failed push for an attack on Angband
  11. Aredhel's return to Gondolin and death
  12. Dagor Bragollach
  13. Dagor Bragollach aftermath + Fingolfin's duel with Morgoth
There is some space to move some things around....but our 'big' events' can't share screen time with each other. We can tell the Aredhel/Eöl story in the background of other episodes, and we could move Aredhel's return to Gondolin to Episode 10 if we wanted to. But we can't, for instance, put the very involved Council in the same episode as Andreth's decision to leave Nargothrond. [Episode 6 primary storyline certainly has the potential to be something with Annael/Rhogrin and Hador...but I didn't want to get ahead of myself there.]
Chronological-wise, I had placed Aredhel's return to Gondolin and death ahead of Fingolfin's failed call for "the Big Push".

Looking at the chart, one thing that came to mind is that as far as I remember the podcasts, Celegorm and Curufin were supposed to arrive at Nargothrond only in Season 6...it might change (or have changed already?) around, but I think it makes sense to end with them fleeing towards Nargothrond instead of them arriving there; what they do there is only relevant starting with Season 6 ^^

Also, the orc army that manages to get to Thargelion needs a way to make it past the supposedly ever tighter siege around Angband :D So I think it'd be best if we had the "Thuringwethil at the Pass of Aglon" plotline start early and finish with the discovery of Huan's doom shortly before the Bragollach to set up the defeat that forces Celegorm and Curufin to flee and Draugluin's role in the whole affair - trying to find and kill Huan, who ends up retreating with his master.

Yes, there are many, many decisions from the podcasts that have not yet been worked into this GANTT chart. It was set up months ago. What we will want to show is them fleeing around Doriath. Granted, there was a good deal of discussion about Celegorm and Curufin in Nargothrond in this most recent podcast, as that touched on the Gil-galad storyline, but I think the detail of them arriving there might just be an ending montage sort of thing, and we don't deal with them being actually present in Nargothrond until next season.

The villain session is next time. We will work out what the story with Thuringwethil's spying is, and then update this chart.

For now, the section that a) has already been discussed, and b) is in most need of updating, would be the Sindar section, with Galadriel and Thingol's stories.

Chronological-wise, I had placed Aredhel's return to Gondolin and death ahead of Fingolfin's failed call for "the Big Push".

Definitely, that sort of decision is what needs to be made when putting together the season outline. It becomes a question of how close we want Fingolfin's attempt to be to Morgoth's attack. If Fingolfin is advocating military action in Episode 11, and the episode ends with the sudden flames springing up from Angband, that is a different sort of story than if Fingolfin is advocating for this action in a time of relative peace, amidst stories of people getting married. Another thing to consider is what to 'pair' with each story. Do we want Finrod and Andreth's Athrabeth conversation to happen in the episode with Aredhel's death, or in the episode with Fingolfin trying to start a war? So, a lot to consider, and the list I put up there was tentative, not definitive.

So, I've been thinking a bit about Fingolfin's Big Push campaigning tour. We've talked a bit about the reasons why Maedhros turns him down, but I don't want to downplay the fact that Maedhros knows better than anyone that they just aren't ready. So it occurred to me that when Fingolfin comes to him, Maedhros brings him to the "war room" in Himring. Maedhros has a scale model of Thangorodrim set up there (based upon his observations as well as those of the Feanorian scouts [and maybe escaped prisoners]) and he uses it to describe what an assault on Angband would look like. He's calculated it all out, including the casualties they will suffer at each stage (the approach, the assault on the main gate, so on and so forth.)

Not only is this in keeping with Maedhros' character, but it also will help set up Fingolfin's one-man assault. He knows that their armies couldn't take Angband without a lot more help. Help that no one seems able or willing to provide.

Episodes 1-3 seem to be primarily focusing on Bëor and Aredhel. It looks to me like the wedding to Eöl comes rather quickly, Aredhel has to leave Gondolin in e1, mess about on the borders of Doriath and in Nan Dung and arrive at Curufin’s and Celegorm’s place in e2, leave in e3 and find Eöl in e3 and marry him straight away. She could be a secondary character in e1 but then she’d have to be the main protagonist in e2 and e3. Bëor must be the main protagonist for e1 but then slide to the background. Well, maybe the focus of e3 could be discussed. Or would it be possible to push Aredhel’s wedding to e4?

Yes, the Aredhel/Eöl wedding can be later, no problem. I put it so soon to start that conversation, but also to try to determine what we should put it up against. Meeting Eöl in Episode 3 and then marrying him in Episode 4 would still feel very fast to the audience after watching Galadriel and Celeborn's romance play out over an entire season. So that would be fine. Episode 6 would likely be later than we want; Maeglin needs to be born before we get too far.

Aredhel's story is going to be the B or C plot of many episodes - it's okay to break it up into smaller parts. She will only be the central story of the leave Gondolin / return to Gondolin episodes, probably.

Yes, the Aredhel/Eöl wedding can be later, no problem. I put it so soon to start that conversation, but also to try to determine what we should put it up against. Meeting Eöl in Episode 3 and then marrying him in Episode 4 would still feel very fast to the audience after watching Galadriel and Celeborn's romance play out over an entire season. So that would be fine. Episode 6 would likely be later than we want; Maeglin needs to be born before we get too far.

Aredhel's story is going to be the B or C plot of many episodes - it's okay to break it up into smaller parts. She will only be the central story of the leave Gondolin / return to Gondolin episodes, probably.
Say Maeglin is born in Episode 5, Aredhel tells him of her history Episode 6 or 7, Eol takes him on business 7 or 8, he and Aredhel leave Nan Elmoth Episode 9, Aredhel dies Episode 10 or 11?

Here are my suggestions for the breakdown of events across episodes. I've tried to thematically connect things in addition to having them make sense on the timeline.

For Episode 1, I suggest placing Finrod's meeting with the House of Beor and the Green-elves' encounter with the House of Hador in the same episode. Those two events are thematically connected, as they both concern the first interactions of Elves and Men. There is also a nice balance in several ways: one encounter is positive, the other is more negative; one is told from a Human perspective, the other is told from and Elvish perspective. I'm not sure whether to call this a C-plot, but I think there should also be a series of scenes showing different groups receiving news of Men's arrival in Beleriand: Fingolfin and Fingon, the Feanorians, and the villains, at least. This would give us a chance to reintroduce all these characters at the beginning of this new season. Notably, Thingol and Turgon would not be shown receiving news.

Episode 2 could continue the story of Elves' reactions to Men with Fingolfin and Fingon extending their invitation and Hador and his folk winning renown among the Elves. I think this episode would be a good place for the escape of Rhogrin and Annael, which could be connected to Hador's story, and we could potentially show some of the internal politics of Angband if there is room.

In Episode 3, I think we should show Aredhel reaching her decision to leave Gondolin. However, I don't think this will take many scenes, so I suggest making it a B- or C-plot. For the main story of this episode, we could use Finrod on a diplomatic mission to tie together both the Noldor's interactions with the Dwarves and Thingol learning of Men's arrival. We could really heavily foreshadow Doriath's downfall by having Thingol's premonition, his decree that Men may not enter Doriath, and Finrod receiving the Nauglamir all in the same episode. Plus, the Dwarves could mention something about troubles with a "Dark Elf" to foreshadow Eol, who will be coming up soon.

I think Episode 4 should contain the death of Beor, the discovery of Annael's treachery, and Aredhel's journey from Gondolin through Nan Dungortheb to Aglon. I'm not sure how to thematically connect Aredhel to the first two, but I think those could be connected by having the episode end with Sauron realizing he can exploit the fact that Men die and shift his focus from Elves to Men.

For Episode 5, I'm not sure whether Haleth should be the A-plot and Aredhel the B-plot or vice versa, but I suggest showing Aredhel meeting Eol and eventually marrying him in parallel with the Battle at the Stockade and Haleth's refusal of Caranthir's offer. We can make the timelines of these events work together by showing the Battle of the Stockade as a protracted siege so it doesn't seem like Aredhel is marrying Eol right away.

Episode 6 would return the focus of the story to the House of Hador. The A-plot would be the Council in Estolad. Depending on how much we reveal about fake Amlach, the villains' story might count as its own subplot. Haleth leading her people through Nan Dungortheb would be the B- or C-plot of this episode because, having already shown Aredhel's journey through Nan Dungortheb, I don't think we need that many more scenes of people lost in a spooky and dangerous forest.

In Episode 7, we introduce Andreth and the House of Beor's relocation to Dorthonion. I think that two good subplots for this episode would be Haleth hunting Tevildo and Aredhel telling young Maeglin of Gondolin, as both have thematic connections to the A-plot. Both Andreth and Haleth will be proving the worth of Men, though in different ways; and both Andreth and Aredhel will be feeling trapped where they are.

I suggest making Episode 8 mainly about Ardehel's flight to Gondolin and pursuit by Eol. Because Eol will encounter Curufin, this would also be a good episode for a subplot focused on the Pass of Aglon that also involves Celegorm and Huan and potentially the villains.

The focus of Episode 9 would then be Andreth and Aegnor's relationship. We would show them falling in love and then Aegnor refusing to marry Andreth. There's room here for a subplot if we want one. Perhaps Fingolfin's premonitions? Cirdan?

Episode 10 would be mostly about Fingolfin's push to attack Angband. Perhaps Andreth passing leadership of the House of Beor over to Barahir could be a subplot of this episode, as both events would be dealing with preparedness to fight Morgoth.

Episode 11 would be for tying up loose ends before the Dagor Bragollach. I think this would be a good episode to have a discussion between Finrod and Andreth that covers whatever we haven't already covered of the Athrabeth. The double wedding would be a good way to check in with the Houses of Hador and Haleth and introduce any important characters from those houses that will be involved in the Dagor Bragollach. I would also like to check in with Maeglin in Gondolin this episode if there's time.

Episodes 12 and 13, of course, will deal with the Dagor Bragollach.

Using the events on the Gantt chart, my proposed breakdown would look something like this. I put a * before events I suggest adding to the chart and ??? before events I am not sure about the placement of

Episode 1
The Noldor

Finrod meets Bëor
Finrod accepts Bëor as his Vassal
*Various Noldor hear about the arrival of Men

The Sindar, Laiquendi, and Avari
Green Elves really don't like Men
Can the Men go away now?
Galadriel and Celeborn negotiate peace

House of Bëor
Bëor meets Finrod and becomes his vassal
Bëor settles his people in Nargothrond

House of Hador
Conflict with elven neighbors

Episode 2
The Noldor

*Fingolfin and Fingon invite Men from the House of Hador to Hithlum
Fingon gifts Dragon-helm to Hador

The Villains
Captives in Angband (Díriel) forced to work as slaves of Morgoth's war machine
Sauron puts Annael under the Spell of Not-So-Bottomless Dread
Annael 'escapes' with Rhogrin
???Glaurung and the internal politics of Angband

House of Hador
Settles in Estolad
Hador goes to Fingolfin - Dragon-helm

Episode 3
The Noldor

Aredhel restless in Gondolin
Aredhel leaves Gondolin (FA 316)
Finrod seeks Thingol's council concerning Men?
Finrod forms alliance with Nogrod
Turgon allows Aredhel to depart Gondolin

Thingol has a troubling dream about Men
Thingol bars Men from crossing Girdle
Finrod consults with Thingol about Men; other Noldor do not
Galadriel and Celeborn return to Doriath?
Melian foretells Beren to Galadriel

The Dwarves
Nogrod makes contact with Nargothrond
Nauglamir made by Zirak

House of Bëor
Friendship of Bëor and Finrod

Episode 4
The Noldor

Aredhel travels through Nan Dungortheb
Aredhel visits Fëanoreans
Finrod witnesses the death of Bëor and realizes what it means for Men to be mortal

The Villains
Annael bewitched as Sauron/Thuringwethil's spy
Annael's treachery made known to the elves
*Sauron learns that Men die, decides to exploit it

House of Bëor
Death of Bëor (c. FA 355)

Episode 5
The Noldor

Aredhel in Nan Elmoth
Caranthir assists Haleth after the fact and offers her the chance to live in his lands

Eöl ensnares Aredhel and marries her

The Villains
Orcs Attack Thargelion

House of Haleth (Haladin)
Haladin settle in Thargellion; no contact with Elves
Orc Attack on their camp (FA 375)
Death of Haldad and Haldar at stockade
Caranthir offers Haleth an alliance; she turns him down and leaves

Episode 6
The Noldor

Maedhros accepts Amlach's pledge

The Villains
Fake!Amlach at the Council

House of Hador
Council called by Amlach and Bereg to plan next course of action
Amlach joins Maedhros
Bereg leads Men from Beleriand to Eriador
Hador becomes Lord of Dor-lomin

Haleth, being denied entry to Doriath, leads her people through Nan Dungortheb

Episode 7
The Noldor

*Aredhel tells young Maeglin stories of Gondolin
Andreth teaches Finrod the error of the Valinor impulse

With Beleg's persuasion, Thingol permits Haladin to live in Brethil
???Eöl takes Maeglin to Belegost or Nogrod

The Dwarves
???Eöl visits Belegost or Nogrod with Maeglin

The Villains
Tevildo's Death

House of Bëor
Unrest of humans in Nargothrond
Andreth moves her people to Ladros (c. FA 410)

Haleth kills Tevildo
Haladin settle in Forest of Brethil

(My post was too long. Here's the rest.)
Episode 8
The Noldor

Return to Gondolin (FA 400)
Deaths of Aredhel and Eöl
Curufin confronts Eöl while he is pursuing Aredhel
Turgon orders Eöl's execution and accepts Maeglin
*???Plot involving Celegorm and Huan

Eöl follows Aredhel to Gondolin and kills her in an attempt to kill Maeglin
Execution of Eöl in Gondolin

Episode 9
The Noldor

???Fingolfin's Vision
Aegnor meets Andreth and they fall in love

???Círdan?

House of Bëor
Andreth and Aegnor fall in love

Episode 10
The Noldor

Fingolfin tries to muster the Noldor
Angrod and Aegnor join Fingolfin's plan to attack Angband
Maedhros rejects Fingolfin's plan to attack Angband

House of Bëor
Andreth passes leadership to Barahir

Episode 11
The Noldor

Finrod follows up with a middle-aged Andreth who is unhappy
*Maeglin in Gondolin

House of Bëor
*Middle-aged Andreth converses with Finrod

House of Hador
Double wedding of Galdor and Hareth?

Hareth marries Galdor in double wedding?

Episode 12
The Noldor

Finrod rescued by Barahir; gifts ring
Death of Aegnor
Death of Angrod

The Villains

Dagor Bragollach
Villains kill Aegnor
Villains kill Angrod
*Villains kill Bregolas

House of Bëor
Barahir rescues Finrod in the Dagor Bragollach
Death of Bregolas? in Dagor Bragollach

Episode 13
The Noldor

Fingolfin's duel with Morgoth
Celegorm and Curufin flee to Nargothrond
Turgon makes a cairn for Fingolfin

The Villains
Dagor Bragollach
Morgoth's Duel with Fingolfin

House of Hador
Galdor and Gundor fight in the Dagor Bragollach; death of Gundor

(My post was too long. Here's the rest.)
Episode 8
The Noldor

Return to Gondolin (FA 400)
Deaths of Aredhel and Eöl
Curufin confronts Eöl while he is pursuing Aredhel
Turgon orders Eöl's execution and accepts Maeglin
*???Plot involving Celegorm and Huan

Eöl follows Aredhel to Gondolin and kills her in an attempt to kill Maeglin
Execution of Eöl in Gondolin

Episode 9
The Noldor

???Fingolfin's Vision
Aegnor meets Andreth and they fall in love

???Círdan?

House of Bëor
Andreth and Aegnor fall in love

Episode 10
The Noldor

Fingolfin tries to muster the Noldor
Angrod and Aegnor join Fingolfin's plan to attack Angband
Maedhros rejects Fingolfin's plan to attack Angband

House of Bëor
Andreth passes leadership to Barahir

Episode 11
The Noldor

Finrod follows up with a middle-aged Andreth who is unhappy
*Maeglin in Gondolin

House of Bëor
*Middle-aged Andreth converses with Finrod

House of Hador
Double wedding of Galdor and Hareth?

Hareth marries Galdor in double wedding?

Episode 12
The Noldor

Finrod rescued by Barahir; gifts ring
Death of Aegnor
Death of Angrod

The Villains

Dagor Bragollach
Villains kill Aegnor
Villains kill Angrod
*Villains kill Bregolas

House of Bëor
Barahir rescues Finrod in the Dagor Bragollach
Death of Bregolas? in Dagor Bragollach

Episode 13
The Noldor

Fingolfin's duel with Morgoth
Celegorm and Curufin flee to Nargothrond
Turgon makes a cairn for Fingolfin

The Villains
Dagor Bragollach
Morgoth's Duel with Fingolfin

House of Hador
Galdor and Gundor fight in the Dagor Bragollach; death of Gundor

So, there are two things that have thus far jumped out at me as issues.

The first is the death of Bëor, which seems to me to be too late in the season. The differing perspectives of the men and Elves are a huge part of this season, and the death of Bëor does more to set that up than any other event. Given that the most important thing Bëor will do in the season is die, it doesn't make much sense to me to keep him around for several episodes where he isn't really part of the story. Placing his death a couple of episodes earlier will also help the audience experience some of the shock the Elves feel. It also mitigates the sensation that sure this can't be the first death of old age.

The second issue is how early you have Hador appearing. It looks like he'd be pushing 80 minimum by the time of the council. Surely he would have retired from adventuring long before then.

Bëor and Hador should not be contemporaries, and we were given very clear instructions about the order in which to introduce the Houses of Men. The House of Hador will not appear in any context within the first 3 episodes.

While we could certainly wait until later in the season to introduce Aredhel's storyline, the longer we wait, the more it will seem like a weird subplot unconnected to the other stories. Introducing Aredhel within the first 2 episodes allows this to appear as one of the main storylines of the season, so the disconnectedness won't be as jarring. Waiting until Episode 3 to introduce her 'restless in Gondolin' problem, and then telling her entire story in episodes 4-8 leaves this as a strangely broken off story arc. There are different ways to do this, but letting her dissatisfaction with her life play out ought to take some time. If she is marrying Eöl at the end of episode 4 and fleeing him at the beginning of Episode 8. . .he will have to do some pretty unsettling and jarring things to justify that change.We were hoping for a more subtle reveal of abuse, not a story where he is a monster who locks her up. Not saying we can't do that in 3 episodes...just that it'd be easier to pull off stretched over more as a B-plot.

Showing the elves and villains reacting to news of the arrival of Men in Episode 1 is a very good idea for a C-plot.

The first is the death of Bëor, which seems to me to be too late in the season. The differing perspectives of the men and Elves are a huge part of this season, and the death of Bëor does more to set that up than any other event. Given that the most important thing Bëor will do in the season is die, it doesn't make much sense to me to keep him around for several episodes where he isn't really part of the story. Placing his death a couple of episodes earlier will also help the audience experience some of the shock the Elves feel. It also mitigates the sensation that sure this can't be the first death of old age.

The second issue is how early you have Hador appearing. It looks like he'd be pushing 80 minimum by the time of the council. Surely he would have retired from adventuring long before then.
How old do we intend Hador to be at the time of the Council?

You're right; I lost track of Hador's age when I was writing that out. I think that problem could be solved by switching the order of Episodes 2 and 3 as I had them written out. I think it would be fine to have Beor's death as late as Episode 4 if we make it clear that the time gap between Episodes 3 and 4 is very short. Basically, Beor would be dying while Hador is still a young man serving in Hithlum.

That change would also let Aredhel's story begin earlier in the season and moves her departure from Gondolin earlier in the timeline, though still not as early as in the book. I need to adjust the episodes where her story is the B- or C-plot to the following:

Episode 3 - Aredhel's journey to Aglon
Episode 4 - Aredhel's wedding with Eol

I like moving this up because it gives more time for Maeglin to grow up before he and Aredhel leave Eol.

We can also stretch out Aredhel's story a little more by switching the order of Episodes 8 and 9, so Andreth and Aegnor's love story takes place before Aredhel returns to Gondolin.

With those changes, the timeline of episodes might look something like this:

310-320:
Episodes 1 (Finrod meets House of Beor, Green-elves meet House of Hador, reactions to Men)

350-355:
Episode 2 (Finrod deals with Thingol and Dwarves, Aredhel decides to leave Gondolin)
Episode 3 (Hador in Hithlum, Escape from Angband, Aredhel's journey from Gondolin to Aglon)
Episode 4 (Death of Beor, discovery of Annael's treachery, Aredhel marries Eol)

370-375:
Episode 5 (Battle of the Stockade, Villains stuff)
Episode 6 (Council in Estolad with fake Amlach, Haleth through Nan Dungortheb)

390-395:
Episode 7 (House of Beor relocates, Haleth kills Tevildo, Young Maeglin hears stories of Gondolin)
Episode 8 (Andreth and Aegnor love story, Cirdan and/or Fingolfin subplot)

400-450:
Episode 9 (Aredhel's return to Gondolin, Celegorm and Huan subplot)
Episode 10 (Fingolfin's push to attack Angband, Andreth passes leadership to Barahir)
Episode 11 (Athrabeth, Double wedding, Maeglin in Gondolin)

455:
Episode 12 (Dagor Bragollach pt. 1)
Episode 13 (Dagor Bragollach pt. 2)

Last edited:
Also, if we want to have another subplot of an episode devoted to Aredhel and Eol's deteriorating relationship, we could have that take place in Episode 5.

Back