Shelob

Ange1e4e5

Maisie Williams

Height: 5'1"

Cute, appealing, and somewhat dangerous.

Game-of-Thrones-Arya-Featured-08292017-322x268.jpg

Last edited:
Shelob will be a voice-only part...but that raises the question. Is she going to speak, or just make some sort of beastly hissing/clicking sounds that work to communicate?

Mercedes McCambridge, the voice of the demon-possessed girl in 'The Exorcist', would have been my first suggestion, but she's died.

Last edited:
Ungoliant has a human form and can change into a spider, so of course she speaks. But Shelob is just a spider.

Any ideas on how Shelob should sound? Shelob's on the cast list. Maisie Williams typically speaks with an airy-sounding, casual voice.

I think Shelob should speak, but we've been talking about her having a very limited vocabulary and ability to form sentences. Added to that, she should have a voice that's non-human. I personally think Maisie Williams could do it, but I also think that it's a bit pointless to cast anyone for this job. I mean we could do it, but I'd say it wouldn't keep us from casting Maisie as a different character in the series as well.

Well, Sauron will have to devise some forms of communication, or Shelob will have to know some English. Unless Sauron's a telepath like Finrod...

Back