Shiny New Script Outlines

Alex Long

I'm putting these reorganized script outlines in a new thread purely for convenience. I will post them individually as I finish them and then create a full season master document. Feel free to alert me to any mistakes that need to be changed in any of these documents (maybe in the other 'outlines' thread just to keep this thread relatively uncluttered. I just want to make sure the person who has to make the powerpoint slides can easily find what they need.)

Here's the Episode One outline.

Attachments

• SFP_S1E1v3.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 64
This is great guys. You have all done a great job in getting what the host talked about into this format.
In the end they actually appear quite short in duration.
My comment about Ep1 is that seeing the majority of the episode is going to be in the frame we probably need more time in establishing life in Rivendell for Estel and Gilraen and possible the time it is set. I don't know whether we allow viewers to work it out themselves when the dwarves with Bilbo arrive late in the season or if we be a bit more direct.
Once again, great work!

Okay - I've posted the text for this one in the relevant thread. If anyone has any improvements to it, feel free to add your own details and resubmit. This was the episode we just outlined on Sunday, so there has been very little 'percolation' time on this one, and, well...it *is* the season finale. No doubt it would benefit from additional input. But tomorrow morning is the end of my internet access (and potentially sobriety) for awhile, so I can't lend any further help towards meeting the Friday deadline.

Attachments

• SFP_S1E13.pdf.pdf
    164.2 KB · Views: 46
The beginning of Ossë's rebellion. I think we need more on the Valar's reaction to his out of control storms and destruction.

But, here is where I peace out!

Attachments

• SFP_S1E9.pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The resolution of Ossë's rebellion. Too short. Anyone have anything they wish we'd fit into the season?

Yeah, I see it. Ok, whatever it is, it has to come before the Uinen/Ossë confrontation for pacing reasons, I think. I do like the Pelori idea. Lemme see if I can work that out.

Yeah, I see it. Ok, whatever it is, it has to come before the Uinen/Ossë confrontation for pacing reasons, I think. I do like the Pelori idea. Lemme see if I can work that out.
The short scene with Aulë - couldn't he work on the chain? I just finished the outline for episode 7, and they are beginning working on the Pelori at the end of that.

Sorry I missed you on the other thread. See below:

"Really quickly, I spotted a bit in episode 6. When Melkor makes his tirade to the proto-balrogs, before he leaves, he has a brief aside with Gothmog, saying that he wishes he never helped them with those lamps. They share a knowing look. We have to give Melkor some direct culpability in this."

As to a scene with Aulë working on the chain, we could show that, but it would only be a single shot, and might be confusing when he's approaching the creation of the dwarves.

Also, the confrontation between Arien and the others happened during the attack on the Lamps themselves. The fight was between her and Gothmog. While Gothmog is engulfed in the fall of the Lamp, Arien escapes, though injured and weakened.

I do appreciate you tackling that one. It was one of the trickiest to do, with the most going on aside from possibly episode eight, which I applaud Karita for taking on.

Edited

Sorry I don't have the possibility to change that now. I tried to find the word file but I'm using different computers in different places and I don't have the time to find the original right now. I think it's pretty obvious what's going on.

Last edited:
Also, the confrontation between Arien and the others happened during the attack on the Lamps themselves. The fight was between her and Gothmog. While Gothmog is engulfed in the fall of the Lamp, Arien escapes, though injured and weakened.

I do appreciate you tackling that one. It was one of the trickiest to do, with the most going on aside from possibly episode eight, which I applaud Karita for taking on.
Sorry, that was not clear. This is what I have been able to achieve. It has flaws, obviously, I know, but unless I find the original before tomorrow, and that seems unlikely, this is it. If I find it, though, I'll change it of course.
Does it really matter at what stage Arien is attacked?

Back