Silmarillion Film Project Series Bible

Nicholas Palazzo

Thus far, this document contains an introduction to SilmFilm, the general procedure for the storytelling facets of the project, and a synopsis of each (mostly) episode, with links to the outlines and scripts for each.

Do let me know if there is anything that should be included that is not, as this will likely be a living document as the seasons progress.

(To Be Removed: There is still some work to be done catching up on synopses for the past season and a half, but I'm hoping to have that done by the end of 2021.)

Last edited:
If there is source material posted to be drawn on I would be glad to bring this document up to date, at least through the completion of season 5.

Nick, it was great meeting you in person at MythMoot. I wanted to follow up here and get more serious about helping out. If you can grant me access to the "SFP Show Bible" g-doc, I'll start combing the forums for historical materials to incorporate, unhindered by the demands you face in continuing to drive the bus onward through season 6.

I also ran into Marie at MM9 and she said it might help to have a compiled list of producer/exec decisions that were given verbally in the live sessions but which are not recorded elsewhere. I'll start my re-listen shortly with session 6.01, but if there are other things you'd like to see extracted from the audio please let me know and I'll put it on my list of things to listen for.

FYSA, I just dropped some updates into the SFP Show Bible. It was mostly just some modest edits to the descriptions of the first four episodes of season four. I also inserted a new description for S4E05 "The Feast of Reuniting". It is a little longer than your previous standard so feel free to edit it down for consistency if you like.

My goal will be to get descriptions of episodes 6-13 of season four posted shortly then go back and insert the links; I think everything that's ready for viewing has been collected in Octoburn's g-drive now. I'm also pulling frame descriptions out of the episode outlines with the idea of creating a single document where the frame story of each season can be read in its entirety. This is more for me because my brain works weird, but if anyone else wants it I can make that tool available.

Creating session notes for season six is probably a higher priority project since those will inform scripting sessions and episode outlines (notes for session 6-01 provided to Octoburn last night) but I can work much faster with written materials than audio. I wonder if there is an app that will produce a text transcript from an audio file?

Okay, a summary of the episode outline for S4E06 "The Sun Doth Still Shine" has been placed in the SFP ShowBible. It is longer still than the description of S4E05 but I'm having a hard time whittling down the various threads into a more concise capsule. That said, I'm enjoying going through the outlines themselves. I've only ever heard them described in the podcast and they are really very good. Also, it's been over two years since I've heard these episodes discussed and I've forgotten most of the cool surprises.

I can work much faster with written materials than audio. I wonder if there is an app that will produce a text transcript from an audio file?

Tried to google this and found this:

It mostly works fine, though misses some words here and there as well as some misspellings. The only thing I find annoying is that the dictation tool only works for about 10 minutes...

I tried it for transcribing a session from season 0. I don't think I'll do it again, because now I have a 20 000 word long document needing editing and proofreading. Taking notes from listening would be more effective, unless complete session transcripts are wanted.

Back