silmarillion help

Cryios099

I got to chapter 8 and I want to know if I am summing up the plot correctly. Melkor is angry with the other Valar because he is just plain an evil spirit who wants to go his own way and now follow the music of the one while the other Valar do follow the music. Eventually he finds this elf named Feanor who created the silmarils. Feanor is also mad at the Valar for imposing a certain doom upon him for treating his brother badly. Melkor finds another ally in the form of a mega spider. Melkor knows he cannot fight the other Valar in open war because he tried that and failed and got imprisoned. Instead he tires to mess with the elf's by causing discontent and jealousy among them. This in turn causes the Valar to become sad and angry with each other. Let me know if I got this right so far.

I got to chapter 8 and I want to know if I am summing up the plot correctly. Melkor is angry with the other Valar because he is just plain an evil spirit who wants to go his own way and now follow the music of the one while the other Valar do follow the music. Eventually he finds this elf named Feanor who created the silmarils. Feanor is also mad at the Valar for imposing a certain doom upon him for treating his brother badly. Melkor finds another ally in the form of a mega spider. Melkor knows he cannot fight the other Valar in open war because he tried that and failed and got imprisoned. Instead he tires to mess with the elf's by causing discontent and jealousy among them. This in turn causes the Valar to become sad and angry with each other. Let me know if I got this right so far.

You had me up to the point where the Valar get angry with each other, but there are all kinds of ways to interpret much of the Silmarillion. What led you there?

Back