Song Adaptations - The Tale of Tinúviel and more

I tried to make this song fit with the respective tones of Rivendell in both the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. I moved the second to the last verse up in the song simply because I felt a bridge was needed.

*I did not copyright this. These are J.R.R. Tolkien's words and my musical sub-creation. This is for Tolkien and for those who enjoy his works.

This is the song I performed at SoCal Moot 2020 and I posted it here at the request of Dr. Olsen and a few other Mootians.

This is my adaptation of Aragorn's adaptation of The Lay of Leithian performed at Weathertop. In my imagination the Rangers have a guitar wrapped in cloth that Aragorn can grab from their nearby hidden cache. The song is a modern take and other than that I imagine everything else much the same. The Nazgul are near, Aragorn does not care if they hear him, in fact this song is to combat the pressing dread. The song is meant to feel hopeful and sorrowful.

I made the choice to not use the long 'e' and I rhymed "beechen" with "fell" because it sounded weird to me otherwise.

'Then tell us some other tale of the old days,' begged Sam; 'a tale about the Elves before the fading time. I would dearly like to hear more about Elves; the dark seems to press round so close.'

'I will tell you the tale of Tinúviel,' said Strider, 'in brief - for it is a long tale of which the end is not known; and there are none now, except Elrond, that remember it aright as it was told of old. It is a fair tale, though it is sad, as are all the tales of Middle-Earth, and yet it may lift up your hearts.'

*I did not copyright this. These are J.R.R. Tolkien's words and my musical sub-creation. This is for Tolkien and for those who enjoy his works.

Last edited:
Back