Songbook, Poetical and Maestro

Lalaith

I am not a member of the Kinship(I play on Crickhollow), but I hope it's okay if I post here. I've been getting interested in trying the Songbook and Poetical plugins for LOTRO, along with the Maestro application which can allow you to create and convert files for Songbook to use. It seems like an awesome community addition to the game. However, I've hit a few bumps and I'm curious if anyone here knows what I should do.

I've downloaded Songbook, Poetical, Maestro, and ABC player. I've unzipped both Songbook and Poetical and stored all of the things that came in their respective folders in Documents->LOTRO->Plugindata->[Profilename]->AllServers in my computer files.

The two problems I am having:
  1. Maestro and ABC Player will not open on their own, and say that they need Adobe 7 32 bit or later, dispite my having just downloaded Adobe 8 64 bit.
  2. Songbook and Poetical do not show up anywhere on LOTRO when I play, and when I type "/plugins load songbook", I get an "Unable to load songboook" message.
Any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi Lalaith! I think I can help you out a bit, if you have not found the solutions already. Maestro is a Java program, and needs that to run. Not sure if you downloaded that also. But on this page for Maestro Maestro page you will find the latest version 2.5.0 link and just below it a link to Java 32 bit. installing both of these should get you up and running. There is some more info about this great program from Digero on this page.

Songbook and Poetical are of course plugins, I and many others in the past have had trouble setting plugins up to work in game. I have found the best and easiest way to do this is to download LOTRO Plugin compendium. This is a great program that will give you a list of all plugins availible for the game. Simply find the ones you want and the program will install them in the correct folders and have them ready for you when you log into game. You can download this program here. LOTRO Plugin Compendium - Also instead of typing /plugins load songbook, it is also easier to click the up arrow icon that is located all the way to the left of you ui bars, go to System, and click plugin manager. this will give you a list of all plugins you have ready to use on you system. another great feature the LOTRO devs added a while back.

One last thing, if you like these programs I will tell you about another one called Lyrical. also to be found with the plugin compendium. This is kinda like poetical where you can enter lyrics to be easily "sung" in the say channel while playing music in game.

Hope this helps, good luck and let us know if you need anything else. And Welcome to Mythgard and LOTRO Music!!!

Thanks so much, Fin! This is very helpful, much appriciated!

I will totally look into the Plugin Compendium, it sounds like that is a great resource that could help me out a lot. I'll also take a look at Lyrical. Thanks!

In terms of Java, I did indeed download it, (Version 8- 64 bit), but Maestro still gives me the message of "You require Java 7 32 Bit or later". Strange. Is it possible it won't work with 64bit? I can't find anywhere to download just Java 32bit. If you don't know, that is perfectly fine, you have been extrememly helpful!

Thanks again, so glad to be a part of the Mythgard community!

An update:

I discovered 32 bit Java buried in the depths of the Java website, and Maestro and ABC player are now working splendidly! I will experiment with the Compendium and let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!

Awesome! Glad to know you have them all working. Your going to love making ABC files to play in game. Have fun!

Back