Telchar

Haakon

Administrator
Staff member
So this is a female dwarven weaponsmith who at this stage in our story is a student of Gamil Brôg. I have only a vague idea of what kind of personality or looks we're going for, but I guess that we know that she is a Firebeard and that she is to be a master smith. Throwing in some faces, Linda Hamilton, Zoë Bell..and some more Zoë Bell.
upload_2018-4-9_10-59-52.jpeg
images
images

I have expressed in https://forums.signumuniversity.org/index.php?threads/dwarves.2757 that I think we should talk to the Hosts about Tolkien's multiple explicit statements that Dwarf women have beards and do not look or sound noticeably different from male Dwarves -- meaning, without breasts or wider hips or female voices. On that thread you can see my explanation in detail about why SilmFilm should and can use Tolkien's ideas about Dwarves as written, and how not to make it look "weird".

I'm going to try to figure out a male actor to nominate. I know I won't be able to make a really great argument for an actor because I'm not familiar with any, but it was suggested that I should try to find somebody. I'm looking for somebody young-ish without a really craggy face.

Right now, just taken from other casting threads, Tom Felton and Christoph Waltz look OK. (IMDB has two actors by each of those names.)

Edit: I like Harry Styles because he looks like young, and like an open-minded sort of person, which is like Telchar, although Telchar should have a beard. IMDB.

Tom Felton also looks fairly young.https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4089170/bio?ref_=nm_ov_bio_sm

Last edited:
A shame I can't think of any off the top of my head that would work, but it would be great for future casting to consider intersex women and transgender folks (preferable FtM) for dwarf women. That really helps blur the line in gender appearance that Tolkien described (and would get a progressive pat on the back for the show - all publicity is good publicity, right?).
I would much rather have nominated a transgender woman actor who has the appearance of a cisgender man, just as I would rather have nominated people of color to play Broadeams. But I know nothing at all about any actors.

If one is interested in finding out more about female-to-male transgender actors, one could look into the discussions of Scarlett Johansen's latest role. That being said, I'm not sure how thrilled a transgender actor would be about being asked to play a female role.

Wasn’t sure from the latest video, did we decide on what it was supposed to be on female dwarves?

I think an actor is an actor. If we decide that both dwarf sexes look alike, gender shouldn't be important anymore...

I said I would rather have nominated a transgender woman instead of a man. But I'm sure the Hosts have already made the Final Decision about Dwarves by now.

I haven't had the time yet. I also figured that it was less urgent than the podcasts that proceed each script, or deciding who to vote for.

At least prof. Olsen was close to giving in with bearded dwarf women...

We can do it as long if we avoid making bearded women the butt of all jokes, like the pj movies did.

Back