The Istari

Robert Hardy! Known from Harry Potter. I think he could play Radagast. As you may know, he was a student of Tolkien and C.S. Lewis at Oxford.
images
(C Fudge)

Robert Hardy! Known from Harry Potter. I think he could play Radagast. As you may know, he was a student of Tolkien and C.S. Lewis at Oxford.
Even better for UK viewers, who might well know him best as irascible and eccentric Siegfried Farnon, the senior vet in All Creatures Great and Small!

Even better for UK viewers, who might well know him best as irascible and eccentric Siegfried Farnon, the senior vet in All Creatures Great and Small!
Oh, that’s great! This is a chance for some fantastic typecasting!

And as Charles Augustus Milverton in The Master Blackmailer. Unfortunately, he’s dead. Died in 2017.

Yes we could. I think Tarkin (and Leia) in Rouge One looks a bit awful to be honest, so I'd rather not do that. But we could.

Was it during the frame in Season One that Bilbo and the Dwarves pass through Rivendell? Wouldn't Gandalf be featured then?

I think that we will need to have a much stronger frame for some parts of the 2nd age, so we can do some history-hopping without losing narrative structure.

Yes, Gandalf makes a brief cameo appearance in the Season 1 frame. The Maiar who will become the Istari also appear in Season 1, but not recognizably the same characters.

Well... aragorn could meet the othryn luin on one of his travels to rhun or harad... we might come to that point of aragorn's career one day

Saruman, gandalf or radagast would be more obvious characters for the frame, yet we also have their younger versions in the main plot.

Back