The Plan So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.
As of January 2022, we are just starting to get this project off the ground. As I see it, we need contributions in two different areas:

Content:
We have some 200 episodes of audio/video content, growing every week, which we need to develop into web-ready content. Tony Meade has done, and is continuing to do, a marvellous job of summarising each of these episodes into a text document. These summaries will provide an excellent basis for episode-based wiki entries, but to reach the full potential of this web project, we will want to create detailed theme-based wiki entries which will track themes across multiple episodes. We will also want to create summarised pages with a wider view of our discussions, as part of reducing the barrier to entry, and also to help give people a refresher of earlier parts of the text. We may want to edit highlight reels of audio and/or video as part of removing the barrier for entry, and also for deep dives into particular themes. There is a lot of brainstorming, theme identification, text editing, audio and video editing, consolidating, summarising, and expanding to do for all of these goals.

Implementation:
To pull this project off, we will need to create a website that does all of the things we want it to do, and that will last for the length of time that we need it to. For this, we will need a team of people with programming, formatting, web development, and lots of other IT skills to come up with a plan for a website, to create that website, and to continue updating and maintaining it through any future technological changes. I am not experienced in this area at all, so I definitely need some help here to discover what is possible, and how we can achieve it!

If you have any additional ideas about how to contribute to this project, let us know! It is definitely going to be a communal project, and any new ideas will help to make it better. Any brainstorming or feedback would be very much appreciated at this point in time! Head to the General Discussion subforum and post your suggestions there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back