The (Unofficial) SilmFilm Organization Project©

Just taking a look, the list of missing materials includes
  • Episode Outlines:
    • Season 3 Eps. 1-3, 10, 13 (not sure where these went, I know I read them at one point)
    • Season 4 all
  • Episode Scripts:
    • Not counting Seasons 1-3 because I'm not sure how many of those are available
    • Season 5 Eps. 2, 3, 5-7, 9, 10
  • Session Notes:
    • It's easier to list the ones that are available here:
    • Season 4 Sessions 19-24, 30, 31
    • Season 5 Sessions 1-17, 19, 23
    • Season 6 Sessions 2, 3
  • I believe all Season Outlines and GANTT Charts are present, though just to confirm I will say that there is 1 doc in S4 and 4 docs in S5.

Just taking a look, the list of missing materials includes
  • Episode Outlines:
    • Season 3 Eps. 1-3, 10, 13 (not sure where these went, I know I read them at one point)
    • Season 4 all
  • Episode Scripts:
    • Not counting Seasons 1-3 because I'm not sure how many of those are available
    • Season 5 Eps. 2, 3, 5-7, 9, 10
  • Session Notes:
    • It's easier to list the ones that are available here:
    • Season 4 Sessions 19-24, 30, 31
    • Season 5 Sessions 1-17, 19, 23
    • Season 6 Sessions 2, 3
  • I believe all Season Outlines and GANTT Charts are present, though just to confirm I will say that there is 1 doc in S4 and 4 docs in S5.

On S01 scripts, there are ... maybe 2.

For S05E02, 03, 05-07, 09, 10, no scripts were submitted.

This is still... puzzling to me. I have all the outlines @kanji_d mentioned in the folders, and they are all shared, and Nick and MithLuin are both editors, so they should definitely be able to see them. It does explain why Nick added in some extra copies of some of the notes I already have in there, if he cant see the ones I added. I cant even find anything online with someone having a similar issue with Drives.

‍EDIT: I finally figured out what it was. Someone had flagged those files as "abusive" so they dont show up for anyone else. I'm in the process of replacing them and deleting the old files.

The flags dont show on my mobile app, only on PC, so I didnt see it until I looked at it from a PC and realized the flagged files were also the ones everyone else couldn't see.

Last edited:
Ah, true, I chose an invented character specifically because there would be more to talk about! So, yes, 'original character invented for Silm Film' would be the pertinent info there.

And I agree that a family tree would be a more useful place to show all relationships, but I think there should be *some* connection given in a bio page like this - either a parent or spouse or child to show how this character connects to the story. For the main characters, we obviously don't have to include all their connections.

Maedhros
Citizenship: Fëanorean
Titles/Aliases: Lord of Himring
Seasons: 2-?
Parents: Fëanor and Nerdanel
Significant items: Missing Right Hand (from Season 4 on)
Adaptational decisions: 'practical' in his evaluation of political situations, childhood best friend with Fingon, main advocate for fighting Morgoth
Biography:
Season 2: Childhood and role in Fëanor's feud with his half-brothers
Season 3: Role in the Rebellion of the Noldor, Kinslaying, betrayal of Fingolfin. Stands aside at the Shipburning, agrees to meet with Sauron after the death of Fëanor, imprisoned in Angband
Season 4: Rescued by Fingon, cedes crown to Fingolfin, urges attack against Angband, removes Fëanoreans to East Beleriand, attends Mereth Aderthad and Galadriel's wedding in Nargothrond. Has Narsil commissioned for Aegnor.
Season 5: Reinforces Himring, attempts to make alliance with the Dwarves, turns down Fingolfin's offer to attack Angband, defends Himring successfully during the Dagor Bragollach
Season 6: ???
Season 7: Plans Union of Maedhros with High King Fingon, allies with Easterlings, survives Nirnaeth Arnoediad, loses Himring
Season 8: TBD
Season 9: TBD

I never got around to responding to this, so I'll get to it now...
I really don't care for "forecasting" the future when those seasons have not happened yet. I.e. the (for now) after "alive." and for Seasons I would simply go with 2-Present. I'd like to have the biography sections a bit more fleshed out than that, and for a main character like Maedhros, maybe even a episode-by-episode synopsis. I'm not complaining about what's been done, or saying anyone should do it, just that I think we should eventually get there. I also don't think we should go past the most current completed season (5 right now) until the next season is complete.

This is a sample genealogy that I created for the House of Thingol.

House of Thingol

1. Elwë Thingol (Before Y.T. 1102-F.A. 502): King of Doriath. Husband of Melian the Maia, father of Lúthien Tinüviel. One of the chieftains of the Teleri with his brother Olwë, but was entranced by Melian and became lord of those who left to search for him, who became known as the Sindarin. Banned the use of Quenya and the wearing of jewels as punishment for the Noldor. Instigated the Quest for the Silmaril as a bride-price for Lúthien, for which he ensnared his house in the Oath of Fëanor. Foster father of Túrin son of Húrin. Slain by Dwarves over the Nauglamir and the Silmaril, sparking conflict between Elves and Dwarves that has lasted for almost 6500 years (present day being the War of the Ring).
    1. Lúthien (Y.T. 1200-F.A. 503 assumed): Daughter of Elwë Thingol and Melian the Maia. Wife of Beren Calmost, mother of Dior. Beloved of Daeron the minstrel. Instrumental in the Quest for the Silmaril, responsible for the cleansing of Tol-in-Gaurhoth and the sleep of Morgoth. Died of grief after Beren was slain by Carcharoth. However, Lúthien, in the Halls of Mandos, sang of song of such beauty that Mandos was moved to pity and was allowed to become mortal with Beren; the two would dwell on the isle of Tol Galen in Ossiriand for the rest of their days.
      1. Dior (F.A. 470-F.A. 506†): The Fair; son of Lúthien and Beren Calmost. Husband of Nimloth, father of Elúred, Elurín, and Elwing. First of the Peredhil, the Half-Elven. Second King of Doriath, succeeding his grandfather King Thingol. Received the Silmaril from his parents Lúthien and Beren. Slain in Menegroth during the Second Kinslaying by Celegorm, who Dior also killed.
        1. Elúred (F.A. 500-F.A. 506?): Son of Dior, twin brother of Elurín, elder brother of Elwing. Captured during the Second Kinslaying with his brother and cast into the woods by the servants of Celegorm to starve.
        2. Elurín (F.A. 500-F.A. 506?): Son of Dior, twin brother of Elúred, elder brother of Elwing. Captured during the Second Kinslaying with his brother and cast into the woods by the servants of Celegorm to starve.
        3. Elwing (F.A. 503-?): Youngest child and only daughter of Dior and Nimloth. Wife of Eärendil, mother of twins Elrond and Elros. Only member of the House of Thingol to survive the Second Kinslaying, with the Silmaril in her possession. Threw herself into the sea during the Third Kinslaying in F.A. 538, from which she was rescued by birds. Accompanied her husband Eärendil to Valinor where they pleaded for the help of the Valar on behalf of the Children of Iluvatar. When offered the choice of the Peredhil, Elwing chose the fate of Elves, as did Eärendil. Resides in a tower on the borders of the Sundering Seas.
I don't really care for this type of genealogy presentation. I think I'd prefer the family trees for visual reference, and the actual biographies to fill in the character information. This seems too much like it's trying to be both.

Hi @Octoburn, I'm here to help! I ran into MithLuin at Mythmoot and she said it would help to have a collected list of executive/producer decisions for season six episode framing and writing. She said I should reach out to you here. I love what I'm seeing so far regarding the effort to apply a bit more rigor and organization to a fantastic project that has been running organically for a few years.
Can you help me gain access to the google drive where you've collected some of the disparate materials? When I click the link at the top of this thread all I see is a blank drive with a few folders and no files. I can provide you my google e-mail account if that helps. My goals are to assist the showrunners by serving up resources so they can focus on driving the scripting ahead, assisting you in bringing together and summarizing the many materials already produced, and also helping get the SFP Show Bible brought to a complete/current point.
Finally, if there are examples of what to include in the notes of the podcast sessions I'll be sure to use that as a guide while I start my season six re-listen! Looking forward to working with you and the team.

Hi @Octoburn, I'm here to help! I ran into MithLuin at Mythmoot and she said it would help to have a collected list of executive/producer decisions for season six episode framing and writing. She said I should reach out to you here. I love what I'm seeing so far regarding the effort to apply a bit more rigor and organization to a fantastic project that has been running organically for a few years.
Can you help me gain access to the google drive where you've collected some of the disparate materials? When I click the link at the top of this thread all I see is a blank drive with a few folders and no files. I can provide you my google e-mail account if that helps. My goals are to assist the showrunners by serving up resources so they can focus on driving the scripting ahead, assisting you in bringing together and summarizing the many materials already produced, and also helping get the SFP Show Bible brought to a complete/current point.
Finally, if there are examples of what to include in the notes of the podcast sessions I'll be sure to use that as a guide while I start my season six re-listen! Looking forward to working with you and the team.
The files that are there should be available to anyone with the link. Many of the script and Session Notes folders are empty, as there is nothing to go in them as of yet.

If you truly see nothing in any of the folders then there must be an issue; last year someone flagged many files as "inappropriate" so thT they did not show up for anyone. I hope that hasn't happened again, as it took a bit to restore everything.

There should be outlines for every episode of every, though. (Outside of season 6, as I wait until they are truly finalized before adding them.) And there are scripts for episodes in seasons 1, 4 and 5 as well as Session Notes for some of the sessions in seasons 3-6. If none of these show up for you, I will look into what the issue is.

The Session Notes that are/should be already in there are perfect examples of how Notes should be done.

Thanks for the offer to help!

User error: I was signed into my kid's e-learning google account, so no unapproved files were showing up. I signed out and no I can see everything fine. I'll start poking through the folders and getting myself familiar. I'll also use the existing session notes files as a template for how to fill in the gaps.
Do I understand correctly that new files should be provided to you or MithLuin for review before one of the approved administrators loads them to the g-drive? Also, if you have any specific tasks related to the SFP organization project you're looking for additional help with, please let me know.

Anyone willing to start taking notes for the upcoming seasons sessions?
I'll get after the remainder of the missing season six session notes (unless someone else is already working it) and start attending SFP sessions live so I can capture the notes in real time.

Do I understand correctly that new files should be provided to you or MithLuin for review before one of the approved administrators loads them to the g-drive?
Myself, MithLuin and Nicholas are the only ones as of now that can add or edit anything there. I'd prefer if you just sent them to me (MithLuin and Nicholas both have a lot on their plates) and I can add them in pretty quickly.

Also, if you have any specific tasks related to the SFP organization project you're looking for additional help with, please let me know.
Honestly, I'd like to just catch up to where we are in terms of Session Notes before doing much else. I do want to do some work with character profiles and possibly concept art, but I've yet to start anything on that yet.

I would also like to start a set of session notes for the script discussion sessions, but as I said, I'd like to get caught up on the regular session notes first.

And for those who want to see quickly what the backlog is for creating session notes for season six:

1658471164259.png.

I've already started working on the session notes for 6-01, the first pre-production episode for season six. For season five, session notes are needed for 5-18, 5-20-22, 5-24-41.

There ARE actual scripts for season 1 episodes 1 and 3???
I had no idea! I'd bet my screenplays would have looked very diffeerent had i actually read them...

@Arnorion I have replaces the charts I had at the beginning of this thread with your charts. Feel free to update and PM them to me as stuff is updated and I can update the image at the front of the thread.

As you get Session notes done, just PM them to me here as well, rather than emailing them. I can copy them over into a doc in the Drive pretty easily.

Again, thanks for the offer to help out with this!

I might be wrong, but I think there were session notes for season 0 (and maybe season 1 too). I remember reading notes from the sessions before catching up with the podcast. What happend to them?

Unfortunately, I do not know who wrote those notes, nor who updated the website and removed them. So I don't even know where to start tracking down a copy.

If you are interested in going through Season 0 and making a set of notes, that would be much appreciated! Just be sure to continue coordinating efforts here (with Octoburn), so that no one ends up duplicating work.

Back