Tracked Items

Aerindis

Everything (eventually!) that has been mentioned during class which "we should keep track of!"

Edited to add a link to the timeline spreadsheet, though it's still a work in progress.

29 Jan 2019
Find a sentence in The Lord of the Rings containing the more similes than the following:
"A breath of deadly cold pierced him like a spear, as with a last spurt, like flash of white fire, the elf-course speeding as if on wings, passed right before the face of the foremost Rider."

19 Mar 2019
The subject of "mind-reading"
'You have talked long in your sleep, Frodo,' said Gandalf gently, 'and it has not been hard for me to read your mind and memory.'

Ring Temptation Tally
Instances of the Ring influencing Frodo's thoughts or actions.

Last edited:
I have been trying to track a bit on this document. Would gladly share editing rights with others who would like to contribute.

Same goes for this spreadsheet, tracking the use of hyphenated words.

Who had the chart for class progress and pages-per-chapter that the Professor put on screen during the field trip last night? That should go in this thread as well, if you would like to share!

This is wonderful! I'd be happy to continue updating the Ring Temptation Tally on your document.

I'm currently making a timeline of events in the order that we, as readers, will encounter them. Once complete, it should be useful in tracking those "we should come back to this when we reach <insert future event/location>," as you've recorded in your Long Term Questions.

Edited to add: link to timeline added to original post.

Last edited:
Who had the chart for class progress and pages-per-chapter that the Professor put on screen during the field trip last night? That should go in this thread as well, if you would like to share!
That was @EvilDrCannon. An earlier version of the chart appears to have been posted in the “How many weeks on Chapter 12” thread.

Back