What about a forum for socializing?

Forlavladir

Hi!

This might be a really stupid question, but would it be possible to add a forum for mere social interaction? I believe that such a forum would be quite rewarding for people who want to socialize in-between seminars, forum discussions on props and music, and all other things SilmFilm.

Best regards!

Tobias

I also was wondering if there were going to be non-SilmFilm forums. I see in the e-mail announcing this that there will soon be forums for the Mythgard Academy courses. One suggestion would be to add a few additional more free-wheeling forums for topics not directly tied to the SilmFilm project or specific Mythgard Academy book choices:
--Other Tolkien discussion
--Other (i.e. non-Tolkien) fantasy discussion
--Other sci-fi discussion
--A forum for people to introduce themselves.

Anyway, just a few ideas.

Bruce

I just joined these forums and i'm confused. I thought this was a general Tolkien board. Instead it seems to be a fanfiction board for an imaginary Silmarillion series...is that correct?

Several people have made the same suggestion but it doesn't happen. What gives?
What doesn't happen, exactly? These boards are specifically provided to support the Silmarillion adaptation project Professor Olsen wanted to do. What is it specifically you would like to know?

While I think it would be fun to have these boards expand beyond the SilmFilm Project (into a Mythgard hangout, for instance), I have to admit that for the next month, I'm going to be intensely thankful that nothing relating to the US presidential election needs to be discussed anywhere on these boards.

So, who's excited that Beren and Luthien will be published in a stand-alone book in May 2017? I know I am.
beren_and_luthien-198x300.jpg

Hi!

This might be a really stupid question, but would it be possible to add a forum for mere social interaction? I believe that such a forum would be quite rewarding for people who want to socialize in-between seminars, forum discussions on props and music, and all other things SilmFilm.

Best regards!

Tobias
Well, I guess we can just start bringing stuff we want to discuss here for a start - like the Beren and Luthien book :)

Back