What musical themes do we need for SilmFilm season 4?

Phillip Menzies

Staff member
This thread is exactly what it says. What musical themes do we need for season 4?
Next season is a bit of uncharted territory but we can project. What do you think?

I'm not sure if either of these are "themes" -- when I think of themes, I think of what each Vala contributed to the Ainulindale, or a theme for each incarnate race and for Falling. In my mind these are more like suggested music for a scene.

For the first meeting between Finrod and Men, maybe a reprise of the Third Theme (from the not-yet-written Ainulindale): Strange Gift + (something to represent Elves or Noldor). And/or something to represent the excitement of discovery, for both parties.

And I hope it isn't until Season 5, but maybe some epic music for Fingolfin's duel against Morgoth.

Maybe something like awakening of man, or themes for the different houses of the edain and easterlings? A theme for the druedain perhaps?

Not a theme, as such, but it would be amazing to have a setting of Fingon's song when he rescues Maedhros.

Back