Where/How to find in-combat healing items

Are there any NPCs that sell Athelas Essence or similar? Being a completionist, I'm usually thoroughly over-level for quests so this is rarely an issue, but I am down to my last one now, having only ever found the ones I got as quest rewards. It's easy to find people to buy food from, but that's of very limited usefulness given that it can't be used in combat. After all, if I'm not in combat, I can usually just wait to heal naturally.

I don't think it should be relevant, since I assume vendor types are pretty universal, but I am still in the Shire, in case that matters.

Thanks,
Alice

I think you only get Athelas Essences and Extracts from Quest Rewards, apparently there's no NPCs who sell them; same with the Celebrant for Power regeneration.

Either that or you find a friendly Scholar who will craft them for you. I can have a word with Obunt if you like, he's usually happy to sit around for a bit rather than all that running I keep making him do :D

What's your name in-game?

I think you only get Athelas Essences and Extracts from Quest Rewards, apparently there's no NPCs who sell them; same with the Celebrant for Power regeneration.

Either that or you find a friendly Scholar who will craft them for you. I can have a word with Obunt if you like, he's usually happy to sit around for a bit rather than all that running I keep making him do :D

What's your name in-game?
Billburroughs. And I suppose I know what my crafting profession is gonna be :)

Back