You Tube Uploads for Season 3

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
Here's a thread for uploading music for this Season!

(Sorry you're having trouble with your account, Phil. Some people find it works better if they click the 'stay logged in' option, I think.)

Last edited:
Thanks for the new thread Mithluin. I will try your suggestion. Seeing as this is now my upload to YouTube thread I am going to repost my season 3 uploads so far.

I have re-recorded this one from Season 1 with an upgrade in my software. I am now using an orchestral library which I think you will agree is a vast improvement in the quality of the audio. It is also important in that this theme will be prominent throughout seasons 2 and 3 and we will continue to get an echo of it up to the Hiding of Valinor and possible past it when characters reminisce about the undying lands.
Valinor Rising

Last edited:
Anyway, this new video is a bit of a catch-up. If I am ever going to write the Ainulindale then I need tunes for all of the Valar. This goes back to Season one, but would also be used extensively for Season 2. Two Valar in one, Este and Irmo in the Gardens of Lorien. It is a restful piece that hopefully will send you to sleep.

I have risen to the challenge from the Tolkien Prof and written a song that Daeron sings (it is really me singing). The song is based around the words Attercop and Tomnoddy that Bilbo uses in Mirwood against the spiders and this is how Daeron may have used them in Doriath so many years before. It ties in the theme of enmity that the elves feel for some for races other than themselves and also delves into Dearon's undeclared love. I hope you enjoy this lighthearted piece.
Words of Mockery

I was just thinking that we'll likely want to reuse/rework "Valinor Rising" for the Rising of the Sun and the Hiding of Valinor sequence in the climax of the Season 3 finale. There is something very hopeful and new about this piece, that would go well with that...but maybe with an infusion of something dramatic. I dunno...just thinking out loud, really, and appreciating the piece.

I was a bit disappointed in the session for episode 13 when the hosts said that they imagined the final scene with the Waking of Men to be silent. Little would they realise that I had a theme for men waiting in the wings and the final scene gave the opportunity to give a sneak preview of that theme for the audience. For those of you who know my music you may recognise it as being part of the piece Strange Gift, co-written by Karita Alexander. So here is my take on the final scene for season 3 the Waking of Men. The images are really just story-boarding and the final image is really the only image I could find of that particular content with the sun rising (or setting).

This one was going to be the climax of Season 3 in the final episode until the hosts forgot what they had already decided. This is my take on the Girdle of Melian with a real person singing and playing the part of Melian. My good friend Sheryl from choir agreed to learn the words in Valerian language and has done a marvelous job. This might not now fit exactly with what the hosts have decided with how the creation of the Girdle plays out as I had written and produced much of this before the session with the Girdle had aired. I am sure some of what I have written can be retconned back into it, and most importantly I have included an Iluvatar moment which we need to grab whenever we can.
In this piece enemies are closing in around the forest of Doriath. Melian and her people are in confusion and it looks like the end of their realm. Melian listens closely and hears a reminder that Iluvatar has not forsaken Arda. When she pays heed she remembers the music of the Ainur and with the power of that song she sings a prayer to Eru the One and through that power the Girdle comes into being, judging Melkor and the creatures that serve him, banishing them from the forest of Doriath. This tune will become the first theme in the Music of the Ainur (when I finally get around to producing it). A graceful theme with strength and rightness showing how the world was meant to be. My thanks goes to Josh Ramsay for assistance with the text and the pronunciation. They are sung beautifully in the Valerian language by my friend Sheryl who is not a Tolkien fan at all, but learned the words and has done a fantastic job. You can visit her You Tube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrxd...

How did that happen?
In the original overview the girdle was the mid season climax.
Then in the review of the overview a few sessions in it was moved to being the climax of the season in Ep 13 and that to me worked.
Then out of seemingly nowhere while doing the episode sessions, suddenly it was in Ep 10 or 11. It felt like they had forgotten their decision and didn't refer to their outline at all and just winged it.

How did that happen?
In the original overview the girdle was the mid season climax.
Then in the review of the overview a few sessions in it was moved to being the climax of the season in Ep 13 and that to me worked.
Then out of seemingly nowhere while doing the episode sessions, suddenly it was in Ep 10 or 11. It felt like they had forgotten their decision and didn't refer to their outline at all and just winged it.

Just winging it is pretty much the modus operandi. I am hoping to get ahead of that this season by doing a special video chat to work on a Season Outline for S04 during the break and trying to keep them to something with better structure during the next season.

Okay, we are definitely on for Music in the next session on July 27th! Phillip, if you need anyone to sing the elvish choir pieces, let me know and I'll see if my friend can help out. I am a terrible singer, but she's a great singer who corrects my elvish writing, so...she'd likely be up for it.

Okay, we are definitely on for Music in the next session on July 27th! Phillip, if you need anyone to sing the elvish choir pieces, let me know and I'll see if my friend can help out. I am a terrible singer, but she's a great singer who corrects my elvish writing, so...she'd likely be up for it.
Ok. Thanks for that. I've been keeping that time free. I'll log in to Go To Webinar just prior to starting time. Apart from my music I may have one or two other items to share. Do you know if I can share audio from my pc while I am in the link? If not I can upload them to the SilmFilm google drive.
I won't need any more assistance at this stage with vocals but thanks for the offer. We may have some vocal projects going forward after people listen to one of my pieces and hopefully that can lead on to developing the Vow piece which will need some choral parts, but I am not very far along with that one.
Do you know if they are having another creative guest. Year 1 it was John Dibartoli and last year it was Ted Nasmith.

To my knowledge, they have not invited any other guests to end this season.

Uploading files to the Google Drive in advance is probably wisest. I know that Corey Olsen can share audio files, but not really sure about other presenters doing so.

Here are my last three pieces of music for this season. I present to you a Trilogy of Musical blockbusters, "Where the Vanyar went Wrong", "Some of the Noldor's Greatest Mistakes" and "Who are the Teleri anyway?" No really, it is just The Vanyar, The Noldor and The Teleri.
My aim was to make three distinct pieces different in rhythm, tempo and key which describe the kindreds well but with something to tie them all together. See if you can work out what is the same about the three pieces. My hint is, The number of Kindreds is Three.
Here is The Vanyar

Following is The Noldor

My final piece is The Teleri

Back