New profile posts

Are trolls entwives?
R
Rob Harding
All assumptive though. It’s not a hard no. IF orcs are created from elves (and there in is the mockery) there’s nothing to say the tragedy of the entwives isn’t in death, but perhaps a similar corruption. There’s no evidence for or against in the text. But a lack of evidence doesn’t make it unviable. At the very least, there’s a clear comparison drawn to a possible precedent.
MithLuin
MithLuin
The Entwives were alive and well in the Second Age, living in what became the Brown Lands north of Mordor. That is where their gardens were. Trolls were developed in the First Age in Beleriand.
R
Rob Harding
Ah poo, that is true.

Saw it as a proposed idea online and just fell in love with it for the pathos of it all. Boo to timelines lol
Birthwort's (Aristolochia clematitis) Norwegian name, "pipeurt", literally translate to "pipeweed".
"Boromir had a long sword, in fashion like Andúril but of less lineage", so of the same Oakeshott-typology? Maybe type XI.
Haerangil
Haerangil
The movie has it a xiia, but i also prefer an earlier version...xi is a fine choice.
Flittermouse, flittermouse, flies around the house.
Is not a bird, it has no neb.
Nor a fly, afeared of lob's web.
Reactions: MithLuin
MithLuin
MithLuin
It is a very creepy feeling to have the shadow of a bat pass over when you are sitting quietly in your house. But calling it a flittermouse makes it sound very cute!
Halstein
Halstein
Flittermouse, neb and lob are three words I've learned Tolkien.
Is SilmFilm on tonight?
MithLuin
MithLuin
I will try to announce on the forums if it is not. There are a lot of steps to make sure streaming works, and occasionally there is a delay getting started. Thank you for your patience!
I meant to hide a post/thread from public view while I tweaked it. Accidentally deleted it. I’d there any way to get it back?
R
Rob Harding
It was under general chat I believe. Special interests. It was my Beren and Luthien pitch ideas. I believe that’s where I’d posted it. Thanks
R
Rob Harding
We’re you able to find what happened to this. I realised I had given the wrong navigation of that’s the issue I *think* it was in Special Interest- Chatter if that helps
MithLuin
MithLuin
I was not able to find it. If you deleted the entire thread, it may be gone. You can ask Sparrow, as she manages the Creative Writing forums here.
After lots of soul-searching I've come to accept something about myself I long suspected was true: I prefer the films tbh
I think we really should have a watch-party for one or both of the russian Beren & Luthien rock operas with S6 of SilmFilm now coming up. a) it is great fun and b) it's a really interesting look at adapting that story, although in a different medium, that being the community theatre stage