New profile posts

Just finished catching up with Silmfilm season 5. That season was so good!
Reactions: MithLuin
A
Alcarohtar
It would have been nice if we could have shown Magor living near Ivrin. It would would have been fun to see his descendant Túrin come there knowing it was the place his forefather lived. It would give another layer to Ivrin as we have located the Mereth Aderthad in Nevrast instead.
MithLuin
MithLuin
Yes, I share your concern about the lack of significance given to the Pools of Ivrin thus far. It would be great if we could have something significant happen there in Season 7.
A
Alcarohtar
Yes! Maybe some kind of meeting for the Union of Maedhros? Although it would probably be weird to have it so close to Nargothrond as Orodreth refuses to join. :rolleyes:
Problems for another season!
Absolutely apropos of nothing: has anyone watched RRR? It’s a masterpiece. If not, don’t watch a trailer or read a review. Just load it up on Netflix and strap in.
Trying to catch up with season 5 now. Damn that season was long!
Just 30 more sessions or something....
Why do I always end up here during exam season?
o_O
Just finished catching up with SilmFilm. I'm here now i guess
MithLuin
MithLuin
Welcome! Catching up is quite the accomplishment at this point. Any thoughts on the Season 6 frame?
O
Orion
Thanks! Perhaps the Lay of Leithian could be used in the frame. Maybe Gilraen is telling Estel the story through the poem, but breaks off at around the same point that the Lay abruptly ends. Elrond would tell Estel the rest of the story. 'it is a long tale of which the end is not known; and there are none now, except Elrond, that rememer it aright as it was told of old' - Aragorn in Lord of the Rings.
Are trolls entwives?
R
Rob Harding
All assumptive though. It’s not a hard no. IF orcs are created from elves (and there in is the mockery) there’s nothing to say the tragedy of the entwives isn’t in death, but perhaps a similar corruption. There’s no evidence for or against in the text. But a lack of evidence doesn’t make it unviable. At the very least, there’s a clear comparison drawn to a possible precedent.
MithLuin
MithLuin
The Entwives were alive and well in the Second Age, living in what became the Brown Lands north of Mordor. That is where their gardens were. Trolls were developed in the First Age in Beleriand.
R
Rob Harding
Ah poo, that is true.

Saw it as a proposed idea online and just fell in love with it for the pathos of it all. Boo to timelines lol
Birthwort's (Aristolochia clematitis) Norwegian name, "pipeurt", literally translate to "pipeweed".
"Boromir had a long sword, in fashion like Andúril but of less lineage", so of the same Oakeshott-typology? Maybe type XI.
Haerangil
Haerangil
The movie has it a xiia, but i also prefer an earlier version...xi is a fine choice.
Flittermouse, flittermouse, flies around the house.
Is not a bird, it has no neb.
Nor a fly, afeared of lob's web.
Reactions: MithLuin
MithLuin
MithLuin
It is a very creepy feeling to have the shadow of a bat pass over when you are sitting quietly in your house. But calling it a flittermouse makes it sound very cute!
Halstein
Halstein
Flittermouse, neb and lob are three words I've learned Tolkien.