Húrin

Ilana Mushin

He's 6'1" so maybe a bit too tall for Húrin, but I reckon he could carry off acting shorter. He has the physicality and he did play Superman and the eponymous Witcher with great aplomb, and range. I reckon he would do post-Angband Húrin well.

Part of my problem is that I keep thinking of guys who are significantly older than what we're looking for. I imagine we'd want someone in the late 20's/early 30's age range. But we also want someone short/stocky - a guy who looks like if someone runs into him....they'll fall down, and he'll still be standing.

I've thought of a couple of action hero type actors who could play that type of role...but they're in their 50's! Jason Stathum is 5'10", and certainly tends to play roles where he's the last one standing in the fight scenes he gets into. Similarly, Jeremy Renner is 5' 8 1/2", and he handles himself very well in action roles (or did, before his accident).

Best I've come up with is Taron Egerton. He's in his early 30's, and only 5'9". He can clearly do fight choreography (based on Kingsman).

Last edited:
He's 6'1" so maybe a bit too tall for Húrin, but I reckon he could carry off acting shorter. He has the physicality and he did play Superman and the eponymous Witcher with great aplomb, and range. I reckon he would do post-Angband Húrin well.
I was waiting to nominate him for Turin!

Part of my problem is that I keep thinking of guys who are significantly older than what we're looking for. I imagine we'd want someone in the late 20's/early 30's age range. But we also want someone short/stocky - a guy who looks like if someone runs into him....they'll fall down, and he'll still be standing.

I've thought of a couple of action hero type actors who could play that type of role...but they're in their 50's! Jason Stathum is 5'10", and certainly tends to play roles where he's the last one standing in the fight scenes he gets into. Similarly, Jeremy Renner is 5' 8 1/2", and he handles himself very well in action roles (or did, before his accident).

Best I've come up with is Taron Egerton. He's in his early 30's, and only 5'9". He can clearly do fight choreography (based on Kingsman).

Plus Egerton can sing if need be. Doesn't Húrin try to write a song after Lalaith dies, only to break his harp?

How about Leo Woodall (White Lotus, One Day). 5'11". He's very muscular. His performance in One Day i thought was extremely good - brought complexity over 20 year period for the same character.

@Ange1e4e5 He doesn't in the Narn version, I just read about Lalaith's death. In the CoH novel maybe?
Page 40 in the Children of Húrin novel.
"But Húrin mourned openly, and he took up his harp and would make a song of lamentation; but he could not, and he broke his harp, and going out he lifted up his hand towards the North, crying 'Marrer of Middle-Earth, would that I might see you face to face, and mar you as my lord Fingolfin did!"

Oh, my mistake! That paragraph is verbatim in the Narn, now I check. I recognised the "Marrer of Middle-earth..." line, but not the bit about the harp and the song.

Before it was decided that Húrin was to be dark-haired, one of my suggestions was going to be Ben Hardy. He's had a few physical roles (Angel in X-Men: Apocalypse, Four in Six Underground where he did a lot of parkour), played the drums for Bohemian Rhapsody.
a70ee729778d8628a7d984a59f28861e.jpg

Back