Recent content by A Trifle Sauron Fancies

1. A Trifle Sauron Fancies

Brainstorming Themes and Categories

Poetry is definitely its own category. So...Narration, Linguistics, Poetry, Characterization....Hmmm. Something to hold the long-term running questions, like 'is the Ring sentient?'. Not sure how to neatly fit that in a category. Any ideas?
  2. A Trifle Sauron Fancies

Thought on Organization.

The fun thing about TVTropes's approach is it allows you to have multiple organization styles and you can pick which one you want to interact with. So, for example, we could have chapter by chapter. Linked on that page, is every ExLotR episode covering that chapter. Also linked on that page, is...
  3. A Trifle Sauron Fancies

Welcome, Elven Lore-masters!

I agree on categories, but I think a bit broader. I think we definitely want: episode summaries, chapter by chapter summaries, and running themes. Running themes I would assume would be articles written by the community about things we love and notice. If we create a flexible enough indexing...
  4. A Trifle Sauron Fancies

Call for Volunteers!

Hey all, I'm Amanda, or more commonly known around here as Trifle. I've very little in the way of tech skills, though I do know enough to know what I don't know in that regard. My only claim to fame is that I do own pretty much any of the books we'll want, including the HoMe comprehensive index...
  5. A Trifle Sauron Fancies

Thought on Organization.

I'm late to the party, but my original thoughts for the organization was something akin to TVTropes. Then we can have the chapter by chapter summaries, plus episode summaries, plus longer running themes, without loosing anything. TVTropes actually does a really good job (imo) organizing multiple...
  6. A Trifle Sauron Fancies

'Fruitless Victories' and Isildur's taking of the Ring

I instinctually disagreed when Dr. Olsen stated in last week's class that Isildur's 'taking' of the Ring was a good move--not that claiming it was, but that taking it away from Sauron was a good move. I couldn't figure out exactly what was bothering me about that so much until this weekend. I...
Back