Recent content by BraveBrownBear

1. B

Errantry music

I didn't expect such attention either, nor all the other interesting suggestions. I'm sure I've searched to see if anybody had suggested a music before, but probably I've searched only this forum. Now we only need somebody who can actually sing and try it. :-)
  2. B

"Though with sorrow"

I've finally caught up! So I've listened to Episode 184 too, with the discussion about Elrond's explanation of the Three, and in particular this passage mentioning sorrow: There were several explanations of what this sorrow could be and its source, and I won't summarize them (there are already...
  3. B

Errantry music

Correct. The first version, the part before the "can-can". Tolkien said that it was to be read as fast as possible, so the tempo fits (though it requires some skill to avoid stumbling on words). Also the joke about repeating the poem from the start would work well.
  4. B

Errantry music

I'm still catching up and watching old episodes. While listening to prof. Olsen reading Errantry (Episode 121) I couldn’t help hearing it in my mind on a tune from the overture of Orpheus in the Underworld by Offenbach. This is an orchestra playing it on YouTube (it’s from 7:11 to 7:23, in case...
  5. B

He armoured him

Thank you for your answers! That was definitely more than I expected. Awesome.
  6. B

He armoured him

Hi everybody. I'm new here. I'm catching up with the old episodes. It takes some time, but it's totally worth it. This project is fascinating. Anyway, I have a question about Bilbo's poem on Eärendil. I've some difficulties in understanding the sentence "he armoured him" in these verses: Does...
Back