Recent content by Daroc Alden

1. D

MythologyBot Challenge!

Ogress assumes frightful guises to frighten messengers: "No, I'm telling you, they had this great idea." Glinda said. Esther just gave her a skeptical look. "It's a simple modification you can make to your ordinary routine for visitors - and the best part is, that it works on plunderers and...
  2. D

MythologyBot Challenge!

Tabu: Plowing with Ox and Ass together: Inéz stared at the LaTeX editor. They were almost finished laying out this section on animals used in medieval Europe to plow fields, but they couldn't get the side-by-side comparison of Oxen and Donkeys to line up properly. They had tried inserting...
  3. D

MythologyBot Challenge!

Demi-coq by means of his magic animals and magic water collects money: I shouldn't be telling you this. I mean, it is probably going to get me it trouble with . . . the Coq. But I need to spread the word, someone needs to know. No one really knows where the Coq came from, or what its powers...
  4. D

MythologyBot Challenge!

Tabu: Son seeing Mother perform a sex act: Have you ever wondered why it is that there is one Tide that flows towards the moon, and one Tide that flows away? Listen, as I tell you of la djacu and la jaclur, the two Tides. Once, when the world was smaller, the moon was close enough to walk...
  5. D

MythologyBot Challenge!

The origin of the Sea's unpleasant odor: "Charles," I said, "this doesn't look right." He just grunted, before setting down his work and trudging to the edge of the boat. "Yup." He replied, "That's a very surprising island for our supposed location." "... It's not a sea monster, is it?" I...
Back