Recent content by Ilana Mushin

1. Ilana Mushin

Session 6-11: Beren and Lúthien Finale

I think setting up the Union could be a teaser right at the end of this season. Bombadil - I think it will be easier to set the cameo up in the frame rather than the main story.
  2. Ilana Mushin

Beren

I haven't seen him in action but I definitely like to see a Beren who can sing since he needs to sing the song for Luthien when he leaves her to go to Angband
  3. Ilana Mushin

"Don't let me forget this idea..."

Surely we can make this work. If we can’t I still would like the POV shot if Turgon looking at the eagles.
  4. Ilana Mushin

Session 6-10: Beren and Lúthien, Part 4

Hence my suggestion for the Hurin and Huor (unnamed) cameo in ep 11 (from Eagles passing over Gondolin). Some other places to 'foreshadow' the trouble ahead come naturally from our reaquaintance with the consequences of the Oath of Feanor (things that the C-bros say in this season, also...
  5. Ilana Mushin

Thanks Marie. Would this be Ep11?
  6. Ilana Mushin

Script Writing Procedure and Assignments

Sounds like the episode 7 discussion will happen in July some time. I'm going to be taking 4 months long service leave from end of July and so will have plenty of time for Tolkien-ing.
  7. Ilana Mushin

Thanks Marie. I'm potentially interested in the post-Finrod song battle episode because I'd love to have a crack at the Beren/Finrod and Sauron/Luthien Athrabeth-esque dialogue. Also because intercultural communication is part of my day job. Depends a bit on the timing though.
  8. Ilana Mushin

Session 6-10: Beren and Lúthien, Part 4

If we manage to keep the focus on the theme of ‘Release from bondage’ with particular relevance to death and mortality, then the post-Mandos episode does not have to feel like it is added on. We started the season with what happens to Elves and Men when they die, and this itself follows from the...
  9. Ilana Mushin

I know this is way ahead of where we are with the script but I have an image in mind that I’d love to be incorporated if possible. When the Eagles rescue B&L, they fly over Gondolin but Luthien is too busy crying and Beren is unconscious so neither of them see it. I’d love the POV to switch at...
  10. Ilana Mushin

Radio adaptation

I still sing it around the house. I was singing it when ‘Other Hands and Minds’ were doing the Gil-Galad discussion. Also Sam singing ‘In Western Lands’
  11. Ilana Mushin

I’m working my way up to being brave enough to attempt a script. I’m going participate in a few script outline discussions first.
  12. Ilana Mushin

Radio adaptation

I know what you are saying but I think they did some good soundscapes - like Lothlorien other-worldliness. And they had a great narrator and gave some descriptions to character dialogue. I loved the way they did the Battle of Pelennor Field with the alliterative song.
  13. Ilana Mushin

Radio adaptation

Could there be some discussion about the radio adaptations of Tolkien sometime? My go-to adaptation is still the 1981 BBC LoTR, which at the time I loved because I thought this was a brilliant way to dramatise Tolkien and leave scope for my own visual imagination. Different choices are needed...
  14. Ilana Mushin

Script Discussion: S06E01 WE'RE BACK!!!!

It is friendly to Australia - but I can’t find a link
  15. Ilana Mushin

Script Discussion: S06E01 WE'RE BACK!!!!

I’m going to try to make it. Is there a zoom link?