Recent content by Jessi Robinson

1. Jessi Robinson

Alice - All in the Golden Afternoon

I'm reading The Annotated Alice & the "little/Liddel" pun is mentioned there too. One thing I really like about Corey's lectures is that his focus on the text allows me to explore context at my leisure. I'd there was too much of that in the lectures, I think I'd get bored because it would...
  2. Jessi Robinson

What'cha reading?

How has that gone? Mine is just 5 and has been moderately interested in "John Ronald and hobbits" (he loves the book John Ronald's Dragons) but I've been hesitant for it to be our first chapter book.
  3. Jessi Robinson

What'cha reading?

I'm re-reading LotR after many years. I started Fellowship on September 3 and was hoping to finish before @Corey Olsen & ExLOTR left Rivendell, but I got distracted and missed a few nights of reading. I imagine they hadn't left as of last night, but it's getting close, I need to get reading if...
  4. Jessi Robinson

What'cha reading?

Right now I'm listening to (can't read on the commuter train!!) The Gunslinger by Stephen King and A Dreamer's Tales by Lord Dunsany.
  5. Jessi Robinson

Frame Narrative

I too have to support the Red Book frame--it allows the casual reader/watcher to connect with the already familiar characters from Hobbit/LOTR and learn these new stories. I agree that Season 1 at least should focus on Bilbo's arrival in Rivendell and beginning the translation since that, again...
Back