Recent content by JJ48

1. JJ48

New Stream Idea - Play Me a Story

For anyone interested in reading ahead, the manual for Zelda II can be found at https://www.nintendo.co.jp/clv/manuals/en/pdf/CLV-P-NAASE.pdf
  2. JJ48

In our third episode, we cruise through levels 7 and 8, then continue on to hunt down Ganon himself and save Hyrule! This one ran a bit long to allow us to complete the game, and next week we'll begin Zelda II: The Adventure of Link!
  3. JJ48

Has Anyone Read The Hammer and the Cross?

I was reading some stuff about Tom Shippey, and apparently he co-authored an alternate history trilogy under a pseudonym. Is anyone familiar with this trilogy? Hammer and the Cross trilogy on Amazon
  4. JJ48

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I will be unable to stream Press Play this week or next week. I plan to stream again starting Monday, April 12th.
  5. JJ48

Do Elves ever really do Estel?

If I understand the concept correctly, the best example of Estel that I can see is found in The Return of the King. Frodo sighed and was asleep almost before the words were spoken. Sam struggled with his own weariness, and he took Frodo’s hand; and there he sat silent till deep night fell. Then...
  6. JJ48

In our second installment, we brave levels 5 and 6, discuss Digdogger's least favorite music, and dislike dislike the Like Likes.
  7. JJ48

Unfortunately, I forgot to have Twitch autoarchive the stream (but have adjusted the setting so that it should do so in the future). If you would like to view the video, it will be available on YouTube once it finishes uploading.
  8. JJ48

I believe the twitch channel will be twitch.tv/jj48car
  9. JJ48

Got a capture card for my computer this week and I'm working on getting everything set up. My plan at the moment is to stream Mondays 7PM-9PM Eastern, starting this coming Monday if everything works out well. I'll post Twitch information for anyone interested once I get everything sorted out.
  10. JJ48

I wouldn't say I missethed it (for general conversation)

From this, do we have enough data to calculate the specific heat of Ring-gold or the average temperature of Sauron's hand?
  11. JJ48

Homework: Why would the Valar not receive the Ring, according to Elrond?

Do we know if there is power in Valinor itself apart from the power of the Valar who live there? I don't know if a spiritual connection to Valinor is very meaningful unless by it one means a spiritual connection to the Valar. But then we're back to either reasoning based on good knowledge of...
  12. JJ48

I personally don't see any reason to connect the Three to Valinor, and the idea that they somehow "tapped into Valinor" sounds potentially problematic to me. Then again, I also don't see an issue with Elrond simply having studied enough about the Valar and their role in history to reason out...
  13. JJ48

I wouldn't say I missethed it (for general conversation)

So, the Ring can't be THAT evil if it doesn't require constant firmware updates and constantly pester its users to register and leave a review.
  14. JJ48

Looking at Gandalf and Galadriel's explanations as to how they would start with good intentions then fall, I think part of the point the text is driving at is that the ends don't justify the means. Not only is the Ring powerful, but it's the wrong type of power. The One Ring was made to find...
  15. JJ48

Why can't it be both? It seems to me that from the Ainulindalë, the Ainur sang the song but it was at Eru's direction. And I too think it's less mystical, and more philosophy or something akin to theology (valaology?).