Recent content by Kathrin

1. K

Session 6-19: Art Commissions

oh i love that, one of those dress your own x puppet games but for the poor stressed out costume designers
  2. K

Oh more things: I forgot this image, Luthien approaching Tol Sirion with Huan. I did this originally for a drawing challenge where the idea was to draw a scene from Tolkien in a Ghibli movies style, so that's why the style is like that. But like, moodwise and costume/cinematography wise it...
  3. K

I am still working on my storyboard at a leasurely pace xD but here some images i had already lying around I had painted this first one years ago, more with the underdark (from dnd) in mind than anything else, but it occured to me that it is pretty spot on the atmosphere i pictured writing the...
  4. K

Music in S6E10

There are four mentioned pieces of music in ep. 10 (plus a little orc drinking song that at som point might be heard in the background) First up ofc, Luthien singing Carcharoth to sleep. That is just the bit from the Lay. Then I guess I made up a little folk song that the Beorians apparently...
  5. K

Script Discussion S06E10

Heya, here comes the script! Have fun descending into the abyss with B&L And ofc feel free to comment, should be enabled in this doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hHi8ai0B33kFmv7SDitzmfkIduC-GlWA8-m7fg1ciEk/edit?usp=sharing
  6. K

Script Discussion S05E13

oh yes the druedain! Lots of places to introduce them in the nirnaeth or turin season i think.
  7. K

Script Discussion S06E10

ha! yes, more buffy references. Ofc it should be less 'monstery of the week' for obvious reasons, but that i found an excellent reference because of how buffy arrives in there and finally succeeds by inspiring that hope and agency in the prisoners again, where the prison works to dominate and...
  8. K

Script Discussion S05E13

As for the petty dwarves, we could still have built them up more in the past, or could have their story pop up a little from time to time, as we have a lot of time to go still till Mîms main appearance. But those are always the challenging storylines, that are very very insignificant to the main...
  9. K

Script Discussion S06E09

Ah yes I see, no then I was misunderstanding it ^^ Thanks for clarifying
  10. K

Script Discussion S06E09

But that is what I mean, I am not saying we should do x or y because beren should make a mistake or not. Us deciding if we have him do sth the narrative might frame in a certain way is one thing, the other is what events we have happen to have that conflict & resolution play out. What I was...
  11. K

Script Discussion S06E09

I was not even adressing the validity of Beren's desire to prove himself. The question is how the communication, the honesty, and the amount of misdirection in this part of their journey is handled. And also some choices may just lead to more or less elegant storytelling, not changing the...
  12. K

Script Discussion S06E09

Yeah but I think that is not even our issue right? I think we agree on that, but i am a little unsure of why he leaves *despite that*, or how to tell that story in a more elegant way/better suited to our format kind of way.
  13. K

Script Discussion S06E09

I agree. I think there could be maybe a version where he feels like he brought this Silmaril job onto himself (so it is a burden that is on him, less because he thinks it is too dangerous for luthien, but because he agreed to that admittedly quite sketchy deal with thingol). But honestly I think...
  14. K

I am personally rn very drawn to the magic of this season, (song battles, luthien's song scenes more generally (hirilorn especially)) since it is the big magic season of SilmFilm over all, probably, and how to tie it into the visuals of the show (so, how to depict magic more broadly over the...
  15. K

Script Discussion S06E09

Hey I have an idea for Thuringwethil and Luthien (what a surprise coming from me) What if we had Thuringwethil, as planned, basically killed in ep. 7, and close to death anyway, but we do not just show her being just, unceremoneously as a random corpse laying around somewhere. Instead then in...
Back