Recent content by Makar

1. Makar

I am very excited for "The Nature of Middle-Earth", can't wait !

I am very excited for "The Nature of Middle-Earth", can't wait !
  2. Makar

Frodo's Dream of Isengard

Since Frodos dreams are recycles from earlier drafts, i think we should take this with a healthy amount of salt.
  3. Makar

Saruman’s knowledge of Gandalf’s Elven Ring

If i recall correctly Corey have pointed out this several times during the ELOTR sessions when people have brought up things from works post LOTR.
  4. Makar

Future study of Tolkien's books

Have it not been done already ?
  5. Makar

Melkor's Original Function

The one he has, because his Fall happened before Creation. Illuvatar allowed it to happen (not MADE it happen, big difference), because in the end it will bring greater glory to his creation. By the free will of Melkor.
  6. Makar

Melkor's Original Function

And i put my answer to that post here too: " Well, that certainly would set Illuvatar in a bad light of HE made Melkor bad... Someone pointed out the chance of Falling in Tolkiens world seems to be higher the more gifted you are. Fëanor, Sauron and Melkor points to this. Also there seems to be...
  7. Makar

Merch Ideas

You speak with the tongue of Melkor !!! :cool:
  8. Makar

Merch Ideas

And "Balrogs have Wings" :)
  9. Makar

Nazgul search for The Shire – Problems of time and space?

Is this not explained in Unfinished Tales "The Hunt for the Ring"? :oops: Been a while since i read it.
  10. Makar

Círdan, Narya and the Wizards' Colors

If i remember correctly Cirdàn says something to that effect when giving the ring to Gandalf.
  11. Makar

Melkor’s original role

Well, that certainly would set Illuvatar in a bad light of HE made Melkor bad... Someone pointed out the chance of Falling in Tolkiens world seems to be higher the more gifted you are. Fëanor, Sauron and Melkor points to this. Also there seems to be a quite high percentage of Aulë followers...
  12. Makar

4 more backlog episodes of Exploring the Lord of the Rings dropped today, oh joy ! :)

4 more backlog episodes of Exploring the Lord of the Rings dropped today, oh joy ! :)
  13. Makar

Exploring the Lord of the Rings podcast status

Yes, 4 new ELOTR episodes were uploaded today :)
  14. Makar

Exploring the Lord of the Rings podcast status

It seems to be randomly updated, there was not updates for Exploring the lord of the rings and sil-film for a long time. Suddenly the newest sil-film showed up and a week later the 4 episodes before + 6 ELOTR showed up the same day. I HAD been doing some questioning through messages on the...
  15. Makar

Re-reading the series - how many times? :)

I thought i was the only one !:D