Recent content by MithLuin

1. MithLuin

Amazon series:reactions and thoughts (Spoiler alert!)

I am up to Episode 5 now, and I have to say, I *love* how they incorporated those two songs into the episode. A walking song for the Harfoot migration montage made sense. But introducing it as Poppy singing her own family's song while her family is gone was lovely and well done. She also...
  2. MithLuin

Perhaps we can show Gwindor's romance with Finduilas at the Pools of Ivrin in Season 7. But it...

Perhaps we can show Gwindor's romance with Finduilas at the Pools of Ivrin in Season 7. But it would be nice to work in something human-related
  3. MithLuin

Season 6 newcomers: a list

Okay, reviewing that list, I come up with: Characters We Should Definitely Cast Beren Baragund Belegund Gorlim Eilinel Gorgol the Butcher Two Dwarves of Belegost Characters We Can Cast If We Want To Zirak Edrahil Inglor Gwindor Finduilas Gil-Galad Vanwa (Deadwë) Farastar (Fëanorian) Voice of...
  4. MithLuin

Honestly, 'no one cares about the characters' and 'the characters need to be given scenes to breathe and just be' are the same complaint. Tolkien's stories tend to be plot driven rather than character driven, but you can still create character moments. I also agree with Haakon that...
  5. MithLuin

A wise approach in life, and much appreciated here on these boards. Vehement disagreement is welcome, but it is important that we be kind to one another. As far as I know, Corey Olsen never had the opportunity to meet Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh, or Phillipa Boyens (someone please correct me if...
  6. MithLuin

Yes, of course that was foolish. If she were going to refuse the passage west, why not refuse getting on the boat in the first place? I recognize that it was a plot device to get her to Númenor and introduce Halbrand. But I think this is the moviemaking rule of having any crucial decision...
  7. MithLuin

Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

No, the silmarils are specifically mentioned as what Morgoth stole. I would not say they are 'downplayed' when they are explicitly said to have had the power to (almost) turn Morgoth from his evil ways! They simply came up later (Celebrimbor is not introduced right away). They gave a very...
  8. MithLuin

"Passing of the Elves" at Dragon Con

Each year at DragonCon, a group of elves assembles to process with lanterns through the three interconnected Con hotels (Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, and sometimes food court) while singing. Here's a few sample videos: From 2016 (Procession - 20 s): From 2016 (Hyatt - May It Be): From 2017...
  9. MithLuin

Amazon series: reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

In a later scene, Celebrimbor talks about Fëanor creating the silmarils and Morgoth stealing them. They are described in a way that makes it clear they are (were) the pinnacle of elven craftsmanship. So, no, they can talk about that stuff. Not sure what they're allowed to show, though.
  10. MithLuin

Not yet, though the orcs do call Adar , well, Adar. So they have a quasi-religious, quasi-family relationship with him. I don't imagine these orcs grow in pods....
  11. MithLuin

Addendum: I somehow forgot to mention my favorite part of this show from the first two episodes (after the scenery). The children. They show children in all of the cultures. And not in a they are just there in the background kind of way, but really drawing attention to their presence and...
  12. MithLuin

(Hit the wordcount limit - PART 2) I do wish the names were better. There is a lot of "baby's first fanfic" to the choosing of original names here. Some are fine. I like Eärwen as the sister of Isildur and Anarion. I don't like Disa or her son Gamli, because that just looks lazy. I am...
  13. MithLuin

My main reactions at the halfway point through the season... (PART 1) I watched the first two episodes with a group of 8 friends while staying in a convention hotel. Thus, I was then hanging out with the people I watched the show with over the next several days, and interacting with Tolkien...
  14. MithLuin

Racist Harfoots?

Having now seen Episode 3, I can understand these concerns better. In the first two episodes, we are introduced to this culture and their way of life. It's fairly idyllic, if also simple hunter-gatherer as well. So, yes, the characters are dirty, and have baggy clothes, and messy hair with...
  15. MithLuin

Script Discussion S06E08

Yes, characters' reactions to the death of Finrod will appear in Scenes 1 and 4.