Recent content by Nicholas Palazzo

1. Nicholas Palazzo

Session 5-29: Culture of the Edain

I think pre-contact Edain will have little to no knowledge of metallurgy. The Bëorians have no metal tools or weapons when they arrive, but learn the craft in Nargothrond. The Haladin have probably one metal tool or weapon per household when we encounter them, acquired through trade with...
  2. Nicholas Palazzo

Session 5-29: Culture of the Edain

Yes, a rite of passage for young men. It starts out with a horse race with spear targets, transitioning to a maze of brambles and thorns, culminating in throwing a spear through a target ring.
  3. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E11

This question is part of our problem. We're not sure what the other two episodes will feel like, and therefore what scenes we will be able to include. Also, He need not be "in on" the coup per se, but might take advantage of it once his mother is already gone.
  4. Nicholas Palazzo

How to get involved with SilmFilm?

Firstly, congratulations! Catching up with hundreds of hours of content is no mean feat. Sessions of Prof. Olsen's SilmFilm broadcast take place on Thursday nights at 10 PM Eastern on a (usually) biweekly basis. The most recent session was on 4/8, so the next is planned to be on 4/22. It's...
  5. Nicholas Palazzo

Urgent note about 4/8 SilmFilm Session

There is a link for the new Silmfilm Session this evening. We're working on getting it out, but message me if you see this first.
  6. Nicholas Palazzo

Session 5-27: Elves vs Men

Slightly off-topic but urgent. There is a link for the new Silmfilm Session this evening. We're working on getting it out, but message me if you see this first.
  7. Nicholas Palazzo

There is a link for the new Silmfilm Session this evening. We're working on getting it out, but...

There is a link for the new Silmfilm Session this evening. We're working on getting it out, but message me if you see this first.
  8. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E11

That I can answer. Prof. Olsen decided to go with it being in the final moments of this episode.
  9. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E02

As of this moment, the only scripts that have been submitted for review have been Episodes 1 and 4.
  10. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E11

Ok, due to Easter and scheduling conflicts, this session is tentatively set for 4/18 at 7:30 PM Eastern. This is the season's "Deep Breath Before the Plunge". We'll be following Fingolfin's journey from Eglarest to Himring as he tries to get everyone onboard for "The Big Push". Meanwhile...
  11. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E10

We'll have to see how we can make it work tonight during our conversation.
  12. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E10

So you're saying Fingolfin communicates this inkling to Olorin during the vision rather than before?
  13. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E10

So, a couple of things: In this case, does "his people" mean the humans at the wedding he's attending? How do you imagine we depict Fingolfin "having an inkling"?
  14. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E10

Right, so he can't be told that they will.
  15. Nicholas Palazzo

Script Discussion S05E10

Right, so he can't be told that they will.