Recent content by wirepaladin

1. W

Why did JRRT never publish The Silmarillion?

Yes, I read your initial. It prompted me to do a text search on a Kindle edition, as I was curious about what was in the text. Interestingly, the search also turned up Aule as a named Valar, but not Ulmo or Manwe, as you have already pointed out. That they aren't named specifically when the...
  2. W

Why did JRRT never publish The Silmarillion?

Valar, Eru, and Morgoth are all in the appendices of LOTR. For the better part of the circulation and coming to reside in the popular imagination, The Silmarillion did not exist. When it came out, that it wasn't ever finalized by Tolkien and therefor not "canon" (not really a term in pop...
  3. W

Death of Eowyn and Aragorn Dying alone

Aragorn doesn't have someone else to inherit for him, isn't that his whole arc? He needs to have children and establish a new line of kings before he dies. Which episode of Treason of Isengard does your observation arise from? I could see an alternative timeline where Faramir and Eowyn are made...
  4. W

Indis and Finwë

Well, a very late comment, but I came to the forum because I've been following the podcast. I've been wondering if Indis and Finwe is the "correct" marriage. In "Arda Unmarred" Finwe and Miriel (spelling?) would never have been married. Part of the working of shadow here is that they met and...
Back