Search results

1. L

(Super)natural Intervention in Three is Company

HoME would be worth rereading.
  2. L

Pippin: Victim or Fool

My interpretation of this scene in Moria reminds me of the wisdom of a certain bear.
  3. L

A mix of the spiritual and mundane seems like a possibility to me. It would be interesting to find out if Westron, or any other of the Tolkien languages, could be written in the middle voice. If it does (they do) I can easily imagine Frodo, Sam or Findegil using that voice in places such as this...
  4. L

(Super)natural Intervention in Three is Company

After narrowly escaping a black rider, Frodo, Sam and Pippin continue walking to Buckland. A part of that journey is described in this way: Twilight was about them as they crept back to the lane. The West wind was sighing in the branches. Leaves were whispering. Soon the road began to fall...
  5. L

Pippin certainly had flaws and I don't think it is unreasonable to assume that he was responsible for working on them. The question I am asking isn't whether or not he had flaws but whether or not the temptation to drop a stone down a well came from within or without? In other words, was it his...
  6. L

In the chapter A Journey in the Dark, Pippin drops a loose stone down a well and an angry Gandalf responds to this by calling him a fool. But was Pippin truly a fool? Let's look at the evidence. Before dropping the stone, Pippin is attracted by the well. Here we can see that the well is acting...
Back