Recent content by Haakon

1. Haakon

Script Discussion S05E07

I like those changes. So the turning point is actually Thuringwethil’s failed attack and Hador using this in a speech? How does that change people’s minds?
  2. Haakon

Script Discussion S05E07

Yeah I might have read the outline somewhat carelessly. I'm very sorry! He is active and takes part in several scenes in a central way. I still wonder though (with the risk of making a fool of myself again), because there is something with his story in this episode that's not very dramatic...
  3. Haakon

Script Discussion S05E07

Ok interesting move, to have Sauron's crew using Eöl. One thing that makes me curious is that you've chosen Hador as protagonist for the A plot, yet Hador is seen only briefly and the other plots seem to take much more time in the episode. Maybe I misinterpret the outline. I'm intrigued by the...
  4. Haakon

Session 5-23: Casting Criteria - *special broadcast time*

Nice! How do you suppose this could be seen in the actor playing Maeglin?
  5. Haakon

Script Discussion S05E07

Maybe he’s impressed by what Maedhros has gone through, he’s actually met the Enemy and survived. His missing hand signifies courage and evokes respect.
  6. Haakon

I wonder if anyone has ideas for special traits, skills and flaws for the listed characters?
  7. Haakon

This is something I guess will be discussed in the session.
  8. Haakon

Script Discussion S05E07

Ok so do I understand this correctly: The meeting starts. Sauron is confident (for some reason) that Amlach and Bereg will speak up being anti-elf and sway people to that position. Then Hador arrives and gives a pro-elf speech. Sauron gets worried by people's reactions. He manages to pull Amlach...
  9. Haakon

Script Discussion S05E07

I could accept Sauron planning to kill Amlach, if he'd incite enough people at the meeting to attack the Elves, he wouldn't have to be present all through such a process, he could sneak away at some point. But yeah he could plan to return to the imprisoned Amlach and put a whammy on him after...
  10. Haakon

Yes I think that we started the Barahir casting thread a little too early. I’m leaning towards casting a 35-year old actor who can be made to look older. It’s not a big change and it’s been done a number of times. Take a look at Vikings, for example (even though they didn’t always do it...
  11. Haakon

I don’t know if there’s a general rule we should follow. It’s probably something that’s best resolved by case by case discussion.
  12. Haakon

Alright but I think that we should avoid child casting.
  13. Haakon

Do you have any thoughts about how to deal with the various characters that go through ageing? Personally I’d suggest that the same actor plays Bëor all the way, but Andreth and Haleth give us more problems (but they don’t necessarily need several casting decisions).
  14. Haakon

Nothing really, I just threw him in the mix. One of those Chekhov’s gunmen. I guess it’s a little too soon.
  15. Haakon

I have to say, I am uncertain about the status of some of these characters. Are these characters that have been subject to discussion in sessions by the execs or in script discussions?