Haakon
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Let me remind you to post nominations for the season 4 casting! We need at least three nominees per role.
    Reactions: Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Ange1e4e5
    Might need some help with finalizing characteristics for characters like Edhellos and Meril.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I think we’re fine. Feel free to use your imagination.
    So Will Poulter is in the Amazon series. I wonder, who will he play?
    Haakon
    Haakon
    A lot of people seem to think he will play young Elrond because he looks like a young Hugo Weaving. But will they build their world on the Jackson films?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    He did a wonderful job as Eustace, so he's a good actor, but beyond that, I have no thoughts on him being in a Tolkien role.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I agree.
    This weekend I will probably not clean up spam as quickly as usual. Please have patience.
    Sorry to hear the Angrod issue wasn’t resolved in the best way. Well, we did what we could.
    I was on a night train and something woke me up at 5.30 AM. I actually managed to log in to the session for a few minutes and listened to a discussion about Sauron before I lost the connection.
    Ok so I was under the impression that we would do a session today. But apparently it's next Friday?
    F
    Faelivrin
    I never received an email and am now blocked from attending. PLEASE HELP
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I use the webinar app. The webinar number is 286-571-883
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    It is meant to be today. But the webinar calendar was not updated until this morning, so that is why the e-mails didn't go out.
    Ok so I saw the Muppet Game of Thrones thing. You could say I now fully understand the Elmo issue.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Yeah....the problem is that Elmo is a very, very popular children's character here in the States, appearing on Sesame Street since the 1980s, but having his own show aimed at 3 year olds as well. So, practically anyone who has ever interacted with a kid is very familiar with his tone of voice and way of talking. It's not just that he's a red muppet....
    Haakon
    Haakon
    I saw Sesame Street as a kid as well, but I guess it was different. I mean, it was all Swedish voice acting, of course, but I never saw Elmo (I guess it was because this was earlier, in the 1970's).
    So which do you prefer?Jumping onto outlines as we used to, or six months of preparation? Or something in between?
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    So far, I have found this process very exhausting, but I'm not going to knock it until I see how it pays off in the actual episode planning. Our 'prep' time may have been excessive this season, but I think we did come up with some really good storyarcs (some of which we likely won't use, more's the pity).
    Reactions: Haakon
    Sorry I’m confused about where to post stuff right now. Two ongoing threads with kind of parallel discussions.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah well at least we are active in both threads, so actually no one risks missing anything.
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    I also think that we are rediscovering why the forums themselves aren't great for planning the blow-by-blow of individual episodes.
    Reactions: Haakon
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yes the threads tend to become hard to follow at times. Easy to miss specific comments.
    I had the idea to work in Olorin into this season, but ended up just imagining healers praying to Nienna, Irmo, and Estë, ... and Olorin.
    Reactions: Ange1e4e5
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Yeah that’s better, thanks! My English is a bit simple sometimes, since it’s not my first language.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    To help nail it down, I would consider pleas to the Valar to be invoking, but pleas to Illuvatar to be praying.
    Haakon
    Haakon
    But if the terms match the corresponding Swedish terms at all, praying is a broader term. In Christianity, the term invoking seems to be used in various ways depending on what kind of Christian you are (at least Catholics or Protestants). Well, anyway, it doesn't matter, you're right.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…