amysrevenge
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• "heather in the sunshine full of bees"
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    My new favourite line from Return of the King. It's a mix of my wife and a great Eddie Izzard comedy bit.
    Looks like I might not manage live Exploring attendance for a few months over the winter. Still fine for the long haul though.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    But the tradeoff is extra icetime for my kid's ringette team, which is a fair trade for 6 months or so. March 2020 we won't even be to Moria yet, right?
    So happy that I got to put a Dr. Demento video in a script discussion, in the proper context. Never saw that coming...
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    Hehe, it's a great suggestion!
    Wow, it has been a busy couple of weeks for work and family. Behind on Exploring, behind on SilmFilm.
    Aaaaaaand, 10am vendor inspection (noon eastern time) that I can't get out of booked for Friday. Boogers.
    F
    Faelivrin
    Sorry to hear it.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    Turned out for the best, as my inspection found some deficiencies haha. I'm starting to make my peace with asynchronous life.
    Strongly considering taking a day off for next SilmFilm session. I need a break after 2 months of 60h/week haha.
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    I just wish it was Mon or Tues that week instead of Fri. I've got quotes coming in for a million dollar construction project on that Wed, and I might not have enough time between Wed and Thur to get through the details.
    MithLuin
    MithLuin
    The problem with vacations is that when you really need to take them is just when it's a bad time to take off - hope it works out!
    The more I think about it, the more I can't resist the notion that Beorn is somehow descended from an abandoned son of Dior.
    Reactions: The_Singing_Fox
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    I understand that it probably can't be done in a way that fits with what we need for that story. It's just such an appealing notion to me, and I keep thinking of it.
    Marielle
    Marielle
    I love this idea, probably mostly because it means one of them survived.
    Random thought (Second Age, so unfathomably far in our future) of a way the story is reminiscent of a Star Wars prequel...
    amysrevenge
    amysrevenge
    The moment that Sauron/Anatar first puts on the One Ring could play out very similarly to Order 66 from Revenge of the Sith. It will be a VERY powerful sequence, and very awesome.
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    You're certainly not wrong.
    I'm low-key glad there's an extra week off from Exploring. I have *things to say* about Glorfindel but won't be at a keyboard for a while...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…