Recent content by ramz711

1. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Hey there, folks. I realize I've neglected this thread for a while, but it seems like an update to the forum software is refusing to allow me to upload posts of more than 10,000 characters. Given that a short log easily runs upwards of 8000 characters and that combat-heavy ones like the next...
  2. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 40: The Siege of Gabilazan Glóin leads the company up a narrow path which winds up onto a shelf above the main pass. The wind blows cold and chill, with few trees to screen the company from its bite, but the old Dwarf seems untroubled by it. He turns and waits until all of them have...
  3. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 39: Towards Gabilazan After a day and a half of steady marching, the company from Rivendell, along with the Dwarves of Glóin's company, finally come in sight of the fortress of Gabilazan. The dwarf-hold is perched in a narrow cleft in the mountains, guarding the southern route to the...
  4. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 38: Planning the Attack Gilglir sits in a chair near a fire in the main hall, listening to a Dwarvish minstrel sing the tale of the Battle of Azanulbizar. He glances around the hall from time to time, looking for the others in his group. Minabel sits near the fire, sipping at a glass of...
  5. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 37: Back to the Hold After a night spent at the camp in the High Pass, the company makes their way back to Nâlagathol under a clear sky with a light wind. Gilglir walks with a light step over the snow lying on the last slopes below the hall. As he comes in sight of the gates, he raises...
  6. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 36: Blood on the Snow Bialver sniffs the air and frowns Trumodir glances at Esk, wondering if he might be timid seeing the sight of goblin blood after his close call in the Lone Lands. He has a troubled look in his eye, but he catches her look and says "I ain't afeerd of no goblins! Not...
  7. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 35: Scouting the Heights The sun shines down through high thin clouds as the company makes their way up the snow-covered slopes of the Misty Mountains. Though from a distance, many of the trees seem dead, it becomes apparent that many pines and firs are simply shrouded in thick blankets...
  8. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 34: The Misty Mountains Gilglir stands on the edge of the company's camp as the sky brightens in the east. His bright eyes scan the road to the north, up into the mountains. A chill wind blows down from the cloud-wrapped peaks, whipping his cloak about him. Trumodir rolls over on her...
  9. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 33: Onto the Moors Gilglir stands nears the falls of the Bruinen as the shadows of night begin to fade in the east. He looks out over the vale as he listens for the approach of the others from the House. Minabel shields her eyes from the brightness of the first light of dawn as she...
  10. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 32: Back to the Valley After a dangerous journey into the hills of the Trollshaws, the company finally returns to the safety and light of Rivendell. The morning after their return, they gather in the dining hall to break their fast with the others in the House. Trumodir enters the hall...
  11. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 31: The Next Stage Gilglir leads the company back to Thorenhad after a day and a half's journey through the hills. Nothing assails them, and as they go south, the usual sounds of a wood in autumn surround them. At the camp, a few short words of greeting pass between Gilglir and the...
  12. ramz711

Sindarin word-nerdery

Sure thing. I can record myself reciting it, or I can try and write it out (you don't happen to read the IPA, do you?). Which would you prefer?
  13. ramz711

Sindarin word-nerdery

I'm listening to the recording of the latest class, and I'm afraid I can't let a mistranslation slip by unacknowledged (since nerding out over Elvish seems to be what I do here). Minas Eriol isn't "Tower of Dreams;" it's "Lonely Tower." Cf. Erebor (Lonely Mountain), Tol Eressëa (Lonely Isle)...
  14. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 30: A Light in the Shadows Gilglir closes his eyes and mutters a few words which go soft in the gloom beneath the boughs. He then remains silent for a long moment, waiting. Greenstand looks at the sleeping form thoughtfully. "I've got some extra-potent pipe-weed that may help rouse him...
  15. ramz711

Mythgard RP!

Chapter 29: The Bones of the Earth Minabel shrieks and begins to strike at the roots with her fists. Greenstand flails, trying to hit the roots with his staff. "I've pulled my share of weeds, but this is the first time the weeds have pulled back!" Trumodir stands completely still, searching...
Back