Recent content by WillChan

1. W

Nature of Dior, son of Luthien and Beren, Eldar or Mortal?

Thank you for you comment. I just noticed on the Tolkien Gateway website cited to the Nature of Middle Earth in reference to this issue. However, this leads me to another question, Vardamir and Arwen are the 3rd generation from Eärendil's lineage (Eärendil: Elrond and Elros: Arwen and...
  2. W

NoME - Arda marred and Valar fallibility

Great thought. I find the certain actions of the Valars reinforce the lies of Morgoth. For example, when the Valar granted the Edain extended life after the War of Wrath as a reward for their resistance to Morgoth, this seems to be to be reinforcing Morgoth's lies about the Gift of Man by...
  3. W

Nature of Dior, son of Luthien and Beren, Eldar or Mortal?

The conventional wisdom is that Dior, the offspring of Luthien and Beren, is considered to be an Eldar, but after reading the gestational period of an elf-child in the Nature of Middle Earth, I am beginning to question whether that is actually the case. It seems to me that there is a rule in...
  4. W

Nature of Middle Earth - gestation lenghts' problems for Mithrellas' children

While Mithrellas was not giving birth to an elf-child, like Idril and Tuor, Mithrellas and Imrazôr were bring forth a half-elven? Is the gestational period of half-elven different from that of a full elf even though half-elven retains elven longevity until he/she choose to be mortal (cf...
Back