Season 3 Calendar (We Hope)

As a heads up, I am *not* available on Sat. Feb. 17th, and am iffy for the 24th of Feb.

January 27th - Episode 8

February 10th - Episode 9

Acceptable?

As a heads up, Session 3.14, discussing Episode 9, will happen on January 26th, and Session 3.15, discussing Episode 10, will happen on February 9th. So, we'll be right on schedule.

If the hosts discuss Episode 11 on the 16th, we'll be behind again.

If we are behind by one, it's ok. They typically have at least one session between the last episode and the script episodes, which gives us nearly a month to catch up. If necessary, we can request that they do the fantasy casting first.

I'm still nowhere near caught up on watching the podcasts, either. I think I need to catch up before the season ends, but I don't have a ton of time for it, and I can't stand watching them for multiple days in a row (they are not a fun experience).

We're effectively quite behind already, because we need to rewrite several scripts, and 2 episodes that were already discussed don't have scripts at all, just very minimal discussion notes.

We may need multiple script podcasts, too: one to discuss the rewritten early episodes, one to discuss the final changes to those and the scripts for the later episodes.

I'm still nowhere near caught up on watching the podcasts, either. I think I need to catch up before the season ends, but I don't have a ton of time for it, and I can't stand watching them for multiple days in a row (they are not a fun experience).

We're effectively quite behind already, because we need to rewrite several scripts, and 2 episodes that were already discussed don't have scripts at all, just very minimal discussion notes.

We may need multiple script podcasts, too: one to discuss the rewritten early episodes, one to discuss the final changes to those and the scripts for the later episodes.

We had three episodes for discussing scripts last season, but as the notes they give us are typically few, we don't usually revisit them again.

Meaning they don't tend to ask for a lot of changes to an outline? Or just that their feedback tends to be vague?

No, just pointing out that no one has really taken it upon themselves to create an edited script outline based on their comments, but anyone is welcome to do so. We have done a 'revisited' script discussion on occasion, if it seemed a complete re-write is in order. Otherwise, we mostly just work on them here, or address particular issues during the other discussions.

Basically, if anyone were to be working on a script for a particular episode, that person should ideally:
1) Listen to the original session discussing that episode
2) Listen to the script discussion laying out that episode
3) Listen to the commentary from the Execs on the script outline generated from the script discussion.

Granted, it's a lot easier to review a 2-page document than a 4 hour script discussion, so that's an acceptable alternative, particularly if we have a good outline in place (Brian put together some really good ones for the early Season 2 episodes.)

I agree we have a lot of work still to do this season, but I'm not currently worried about our pace for the script discussions.

Uh yeah, watching that much video is beyond me.

But this time I will reread the episode thread BEFORE the script discussion starts.

What's the time-frame coming up?

February 24th? March 3rd? I have a possible conflict on March 10th that may or may not occur, so I may or may not be available that evening and won't know in advance.

So...script discussion tonight or...?

Edit : I am not home yet and I haven't made dinner yet, so I wouldn't be available until late.

Last edited:
We in that case, retroactively, I didn't want to do anything tonight. :p I would like to know first what the Hosts think about my proposals for the remaining Eps in Season 3. Are you OK with showing it to them, please?

Sorry for not checking the boards last night guys. Wife was a bit under the weather. I've been trying to use this short break to catch up on my editing, but I should be able to host a discussion either the 3rd or the 10th, depending on what works for you guys.

No worries, family comes first. I didn't check either until it was too late. I assumed that the web-conference reminder email was an error.

March is an awkward month for me in terms of Saturday nights. The 10th won't work for me, and the 3rd and 17th have conflicts I'd prefer not to cancel. But if the next podcast is the 9th I'd really rather hold off on outlining Episode 10 until we hear more from the Hosts. :/

MithLuin, I posted a shorter/summary version of my Episode outline suggestions for the rest of Season 3, and I'll also try to make a more concise version of my proposal for Amros' storyline. Hopefully that will save you some labor.

Last edited:
Back