Mythgard Forums

A
Alcarohtar
Really happy with how the one-sentence reference to that elves and men living together wasn't good for either of them was expanded so much. The only thing I'm disappointed by was that so many human characters were cut.
A
Alcarohtar
For example how Malach served Fingolfin and earned the name Aradan, and later brought his people into Hithlum to live with the elves. How his son Magor moved for a while into Beleriand (south of Ered Wethrin), but then met Thingol's rage. Thingol banning men from all but the north (Hithlum, Dorthonion, March of Maedhros I guess). How parts of the houses stayed in Estolad to become a new merged people.
A
Alcarohtar
The new story is easier to follow as it separates the houses of the Edain though. The story of Malach is pretty much the same as Bëor's (serving an elf lord), and both their houses move to live with elves (in Hithlum and Dorthonion), then the elf-scepticists of both houses remain in Estolad while discussing whether to stay or leave Beleriand, then the beorians moves to Ladros, and the hadorians move to Dor-lómin.
A
Alcarohtar
The new outline gives the human-elf interaction to the house of Bëor, and the discussing part to Hador. And the Thingol's rage part to Haleth. So the main parts of the story are still present, just simplified.
A
Alcarohtar
It would have been nice if we could have shown Magor living near Ivrin. It would would have been fun to see his descendant Túrin come there knowing it was the place his forefather lived. It would give another layer to Ivrin as we have located the Mereth Aderthad in Nevrast instead.
MithLuin
MithLuin
Yes, I share your concern about the lack of significance given to the Pools of Ivrin thus far. It would be great if we could have something significant happen there in Season 7.
Back