Mythgard Forums

MithLuin
MithLuin
Haha, I love Blind Guardian and have seen them live ;). But they are the only metal band I have any interest in, so in general I agree with you. 'Sacred Worlds' is a great song, though, as is 'Time Stands Still (At the Iron Hill)' . 'The Bard's Song' is acoustic and not really metal at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n63UbX5kzAc

But to each his own, of course!
Haakon
Haakon
Should I know about them? I don’t.
MithLuin
MithLuin
They are a German band who have done a concept album for the Silmarillion called 'Nightfall in Middle Earth'.

You can listen to the album here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMcBOvOuhoY

It's...not most people's first thought on what type of music to associate with the Silmarillion, honestly.
JJ48
JJ48
I'm not familiar with them, but I'd give them a try. Growing up, I used to focus heavily on classic, soft rock. Then all the Brittney wannabes and boy bands came along, and I realized that if that garbage didn't kill me, I could survive listening to pretty much any type of music at least once (though I still have a bit of a preference towards music that's older than I am).
MithLuin
MithLuin
JJ, I don't know where you're from, but I have to admit that I'm at least a little amused that this conversation consists of guys from Germany and Scandanavia expressing their distaste for/unfamiliarity with a German power metal band, and a woman from the USA fangirling over them ;). Break all the stereotypes!
Haakon
Haakon
Oh I forgot to listen to them. I have to check them out, never mind their quality.
JJ48
JJ48
I'm from the USA, but my family has a German/Dutch background. Does that count?

(Actually, name pretty much any country in Western Europe and I'll bet I have at least one ancestor from there.)
MithLuin
MithLuin
(Well, and it also reminds me of the time I met a linguist at a party who told me up front he did not care for Tolkien. I then spent the next couple hours discussing linguistics with him - which meant I consistently and relentlessly brought the conversation back to Tolkien.)

Sorry, Haerangil - I really am this obnoxious in real life.
Back