Search results

1. R

Amazon series: Season 2 reactions to news and rumours. (Spoiler alert!)

No, I'm just fundamentally disagreeing with the premise here: 'The feeling of entering another world is instantly destroyed. One is always aware the actors just pretend. So there are no stakes, the actors never become the characters in the viewer's minds. Watching Shakespeare one enjoys the...
  2. R

Character, emotion, drama - these things, when done when, can trascend. I find it perfectly easy to be enter into another world and forget it’s a ‘pretend play’. I think you’re ascribing personal experience as universal truth for all.
  3. R

Then you need to watch some better Shakespeare productions. And fantasy.
  4. R

Session 7-04: The Frame for Season 7

I think having the frame be the white council talking and in private conversations between various members thereof. Particularly Galadriel reflecting on events on the main narrative. You build tension about the worry of rising darkness linked to the presence of the rings. What if they can be...
  5. R

A name for "Bree"

I rather like the idea that the name reflects the history. Perhaps this was once the Shining City on the Hill. Now all that’s left…is the hill. It has a ‘for sale, baby shoes, never worn’ feel to it. A story encapsulated in just a name.
  6. R

Session 7-03: Sauron and Galadriel

Ah I'm late to the game then. Nevermind. I do like the idea of action centring around Bree though.
  7. R

Session 7-03: Sauron and Galadriel

Could this be the season for my proposed 'Sauron goes East and meets a tribe of nomads and seems maybe on the verge of being Mairon again but the audience isn't sure and in the end sets up a cult in the East?' If that is a vibe people are interested in, I can share thoughts. Cos I have a whole...
  8. R

The Female Orc Problem

Love this! It's why I went the root of them despising things that are long-lived and 'made to last'. So I like the idea that their entire life-cycle is run on fastforward.
  9. R

The Female Orc Problem

It’s interesting. Not sure how I feel. The Hyena myth came from people mis-sexing hyenas due to unique anatomy (by far not the weirdest in the animal kingdom). There are a number of species, certain reptiles spring to mind, that can trigger asexual reproduction when numbers are too low. And...
  10. R

The Female Orc Problem

It’s not that it’s undesirable it’s just not an official appointment as there is no set government. It’s defecto in the sense that it’s accepted at a certain point that you will become the new queen. It’s less a formal rank than suddenly, you’re the one people start coming to for advice and you...
  11. R

The Female Orc Problem

On addendum: 'That said, while orc queens may be respected for the pain they have endured however, should they continue to grow into old age, their respect is lessened and the older the orc, the less likely they are to be listened to, due to the orc’s innate abhorrence and disgust for anything...
  12. R

The Female Orc Problem

In retrospect I did tweak it as I didn't love the concept of value coming from birth and female orcs purely having value as breeders. I wanted to rather hone in on the idea that the pain of childbirth is seen as a thing of value. As such, I felt your set up of the queen being a seasoned elder...
  13. R

The Female Orc Problem

Okay. Sticking with what I have for that aspect though. Perhaps it’s unclear but I didn’t envision queens as the only breeders of the tribes
  14. R

The Female Orc Problem

Interesting thoughts. I’ll stick with what I have but still intriguing. Here’s a little more, jus to flesh things out. As you can see below, orcs have loose rituals but even these aren’t intended to be fixed in stone and no real structured government. As such, queens take on an advisory role...
  15. R

The Female Orc Problem

I'm unearthing this again since, as part of planning an rpg, I've been fleshing out orc culture as I want my players to encounter a vast orc camp. This is the orc-lore, I've developed for my fan-based derivative work. Obviously this isn't canon but as it is borne of this conversation, I wanted...
  16. R

The Long Winter - a Middle Earth rpg?

So this would be to play a tabletop roleplaying game in the style of dungeons and dragons in which I present a world, players select characters within that setting and then I describe events as they unfold and players state what they want their characters to say and do. But whether they succeed...
  17. R

At this point there isn’t much more. It’s just a setting I had in mind and then wanted to flesh it out with possible character, NPCs, items, locations and challenges
  18. R

Well, seems like I’ve developed a ttrpg with an AI https://chat.openai.com/share/03613b08-9e70-4009-95b9-09d053db0f17
  19. R

It’s just a big spider. It’d be pretty hard to ruin it
Back