R
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Can someone suggest a human name for just some random kid living a subsistence lifestyle as part of a family unit in the wilds of middle Earth. Circa first age. Few generations into humans being a thing. A settled farming off shoot. Female names seem easier as you can kind of pick a flower and be like ‘that’s a name.’ Cant think of a make equivalent I like or one that sounds Tolkienesque
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Nicholas Palazzo
    Unfortunately, the author the article is referring to is not alone in hatred of Tolkien for what he *thinks* Tolkien is saying.
    R
    Rob Harding
    I think what’s more fascinating is that he clearly doesn’t think that. At least, not until his own efforts were spurned then he just had this huge reactionary hatred which is baseless. But hilariously transparent. I don’t mind people disliking Tolkien. There’s plenty of critical readings that are valid and could lead to dislike based on personal preference. It’s the clear vendetta I find wild.
    Reactions: Odola
    Haakon
    Haakon
    Oh lol he’s of course well known in Sweden. An eccentric who regrettably went increasingly more and more…unstable. His translation of the Lord of the Rings have wonderful qualities but unfortunately he took some liberties with the material… I haven’t read that book but it’s clear that it’s nothing anyone should take seriously.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…