Introduction

Hi all,

I've been a faithful listener for years now. I think I initially caught up right around the end of the Dracula class or the beginning of the Disposessed, but I've never had a chance to participate in the live sessions cause I'm in college and could never spare the time. I will say though that I've been through a lot of truama over the past few years and listening to mythgard lectures at night helped me get through it (and sleep), just like the Rob Inglis recordings got me through my childhood. I won't go into details cause that's what i pay my therapist for, except to say that there was a period of about a year or so where I swear I cried almost every night because some passage was so resonant at that moment. Although, on a humorous note, I have the Rob Inglis readings so ingrained in my head that it took a long time to get over the fact that anyone else reading it sounded "wrong" cause I had memorized literally the exact intonation of every passage lol.

Also, you got me into LOTRO (those are the only mythgard sessions I haven't listened to cause I want to experience the game for myself before I watch them).

Also, I have a Question for Narnian that's been bugging me for years but it's from the Ring Goes South, so I'll wait a year or so to bring it up, heh.

Hi all,

I've been a faithful listener for years now. I think I initially caught up right around the end of the Dracula class or the beginning of the Disposessed, but I've never had a chance to participate in the live sessions cause I'm in college and could never spare the time. I will say though that I've been through a lot of truama over the past few years and listening to mythgard lectures at night helped me get through it (and sleep), just like the Rob Inglis recordings got me through my childhood. I won't go into details cause that's what i pay my therapist for, except to say that there was a period of about a year or so where I swear I cried almost every night because some passage was so resonant at that moment. Although, on a humorous note, I have the Rob Inglis readings so ingrained in my head that it took a long time to get over the fact that anyone else reading it sounded "wrong" cause I had memorized literally the exact intonation of every passage lol.

Also, you got me into LOTRO (those are the only mythgard sessions I haven't listened to cause I want to experience the game for myself before I watch them).

Also, I have a Question for Narnian that's been bugging me for years but it's from the Ring Goes South, so I'll wait a year or so to bring it up, heh.

Welcome to the forums, Alice!

I too was helped through a particularly dark time of my life by listening to podcasts from this organization, so you are by no means alone in that here.

Oh and my character name is Billburroughs btw. I only have one and only ever plan to have one, as I'm just there to experience the story, rather than to play the game qua game. And in case anyone is wondering, yes that is a reference. My other primary fandom, besides Tolkien, is the Beats, and that was the most Hobbitish Beat name I could think of. I don't know if there are any other Burroughsians here (especially given the general anti-modernist lit bent of Tolkien fandom) but if you are you get it. If not, it works anyway. This way, if any of you see friend requests or tells from me you'll know what's going on. I do plan to try joining the Kin soon, if only to make it easier to find groups for fellowship quests. I, like Corey, am a completionist, and that makes Fellowship quests sometimes rather annoying. On the other hand, I'm usually several levels over spec for all of them so the only reason I ever need a companion (and I rarely need more than one) is when there are physically too many mobs to handle on my own. And now I've rambled on way too long. To quote my favorite A A Milne line "And as that is really the really the end of the story, and I am very tired after that last [paragraph] I believe I shall stop there. "

Last edited:
Back