Mythgard Forums

enrimuch
enrimuch
About the time they'll have to spend in the Halls as shadows, without being able to communicate, but gazing at the tapestries that show the main events in history; maybe it depends on how long it takes for each one of them to accept their fate and to forgive.
MithLuin
MithLuin
We've committed to keeping the Halls of Mandos fairly 'mysterious' - there are doors the living cannot pass, etc. And while reincarnation is supposedly fairly standard, we're not really going to show that very much - so again, the process can be shrouded in mystery. Does that help, or...?
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
My main issue is that we are kind of committed (I believe) to Miriel being the first Elf to get there, and Finwe next. But that seems so unlikely...
Nicholas Palazzo
Nicholas Palazzo
Actually, a number of elves go there before that, including Mrs. Ingwë.
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
I guess, rather, we're kind of committed to a very limited exchange of information between deceased Elves and folk in Valinor (whether before they cross the sea or after). And we're also worrying about funerals being new, but they are only new *in Valinor*, not in general.
MithLuin
MithLuin
We haven't committed to anything yet. Knowing elves, they would come up with elaborate funerary rituals even if they aren't used often.

It will be the first funeral we show on the show, though. And we do want some dismay and confusion over the death of the king. How we choose to do that is up to debate, though.
amysrevenge
amysrevenge
I believe we are committd to the first sign of Elves to the Valar being Orome coming across them - not the Halls of Mandos staring to fill up with early Elves lost to accidents or misfortune or the early forays of the Dark Hunter (or whatever that menace is called). That's the sort of information that's not being exchanged. And for a very good narrative reason. It's just hard to reconcile.
Haakon
Haakon
I think that Namo and Vairë don't tell the other Ainur about the number of Elves in the Halls and it seems most logical that some Elves come to Mandos before Oromë comes to Cuivienen - and Mandos says nothing (Vairë is quiet as usual of course). The Hunter took some ELves before Oromë showed up obviously and some of those probably died, so they must have come to Mandos.
Back