Mythgard Forums

Haakon
Haakon
Don’t think so. But the way things are going she won’t appear this season. Maybe Denethor knows something? She’s kind of irrelevant to the story...
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
Ok. I was thinking little detail-big picture linkage. Re-reading some of PS, and most of Morgoth's victories he gains through intel...I feel like we should, I dunno...inccorperate this more somehow....
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
Let me see if I can articulate this better. I guess what I'm trying to say is, of course there's Thurungwethil and gang, and the audience will know Morgoth keeps tortured elves who are never the same again and become tied to his will...so there's no guessing game going on as to where he gets his info from when the various attacks and battles happen
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
But I feel like we should make the audience *feel* that tragedy of betrayal, not just assume it. Then again, Miriel's familly were kind of antagonists in our story to begin with, so maybe not the strongest connection...
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
But outside Gorlim (and maybe I've missed a couple others), I feel we could make it hit home a bit more. In PJ's "The Two Towers", when Eomer meets Aragorn & co. and casts shifty eyes at Legolas, quoting "And everywhere his spies slip past our nets"...I always got that feeling that this line was supposed to carry more weight, but I could never quite feel it...
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
In short, I think we should really frustrate viewers in the case of Morgoth's intel. And we should set that up early, so that Hurin's loyalty and Gorlim's betrayal mean all the more when we get round to it.
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
Random tangent, I know, but just something I was thinking of.
Haakon
Haakon
No that’s interesting. I think it probably is a matter of timing. When would intel from Tatie be useful for M? And do damage to elves?
Haakon
Haakon
Maybe Sauron could use her or her family when laying the trap for Maedhros. (But I don’t know how)
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
Yeah...there's also the fact that neither she nor Feanor's sons are aware of their family connection. I suppose Tatie could at least learn this info from Morgoth...but what real purpose would that serve? Only the audience would be able to make the connection. Kind of like a tragic easter egg, I guess.
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
I feel like we should see one last glimpse of Tatie, though. Idk.
Haakon
Haakon
Could she be turned into an orc?
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
I was thinking that. But then, would she be recognizable as Tatie? The more I think about it, the less I feel viewers (except the really observant ones) would care. I can't remember how much actual screen time she has in s2. Probably not that much.
Richol Richards
Richol Richards
But there may be some viewers wondering what happened to Miriel's family. So yes, we could make her one of Sauron's proto orcs, who are still recognizeable. But then yesterday the decision was made that the proto-orcs would get no screen time. Sooooo......
Back