Mythgard Forums

MithLuin
MithLuin
I only caught the last 20 min, but even that much indicated that this must've been an...interesting. ..session.
Nicholas Palazzo
Nicholas Palazzo
Well, we are going to have to rework episode four slightly to accommodate the elimination of the Sleep of Yavanna.
Ange1e4e5
Ange1e4e5
How was that worked out?
MithLuin
MithLuin
That didn't sound like the only eyebrow-raising issue. Sounds like the dwarves are going to opportunistic rather than noble. And someone suggested leaping to the Third Age? Anyway, I wasn't there, so I will try to reserve judgement and not jump to any conclusions.
Haakon
Haakon
I had to disconnect at the end, so I don’t know what happened. I do think that the Sleep gives us a lot of trouble and doesn’t really work.
Nicholas Palazzo
Nicholas Palazzo
Plants and animals that need light to survive sleep, those that do not remain active. Elves need less food than humans and populations are not huge. Major population centers are around where Melian and Ents are able to mitigate the Sleep.
Nicholas Palazzo
Nicholas Palazzo
Plants in stasis remain as they were, not dead. Animals in stasis exist in hibernation, but awaken if disturbed. Dwarves are able to survive on plants they grow underground. Not a lot of trouble and works just fine.
MithLuin
MithLuin
No ecosystem can last for long without the sun. Nuclear winter is a thing...and there's a reason a large meteor impact can cause a mass extinction. [And even ecosystems that exist without sunlight rely upon the decaying carcasses of creatures who do live in the sun.]

So, the situation is already implausible and ridiculous. The Sleep is a way of saying - 'magic makes it work, carry on'.
Back