Episode Summaries and Compiling Our Observations

Tony Meade

Hey all,

As some of you may know, I have begun compiling Corey's and our observations and notes during the episodes of Exploring The Lord of the Rings. So far, I have completed summaries of the first twenty episodes (I should have more done, but I was ill for much of the summer).

The episode summaries only cover the in-class discussions, and not the LOTRO field trips, but even then I have been able to capture a large amount of data. The intention is for this, under guided editing, to produce some kind of a project for us to document our discussion of the book for posterity.

I have been struggling to find a good way to share these with the Mythgard community, as we would be the primary audience. In the last several weeks, I have been posting them to my own Tolkien blog, but I feel uncomfortable doing that, as I don't consider this to be my own original work. In this capacity, I am acting as a scribe instead of a scholar or theorist. I have also shared those on Twitter, but they haven't gotten much traction.

I think that I would like to post those here on the forums, once again because our Mythgard community is the primary audience, especially the ExLOTR forum specifically. I would post each on it's own thread, posting the text, and also include an attached PDF version for download for folks to read at their leisure.

Please let me know if this is something that you guys would be amenable to, and if so, I will start posting each episode here shortly.

Thanks!

P.S. Due to my current recording/performing schedule, I will be unavailable to participate live in class for a while, but I do want to still contribute to this project in this way. :)

Last edited:
Back