First post

Willomir

Greetings,
Currently I am still trying to catch up with the Exploring The Lord of the Rings podcast on YouTube and I just finished episode 104, so I still have quite a way to go and I am not even half way there yet. However, the YouTube comments are turned off and I am getting increasingly frustrated with not being able to give my feedback under your YouTube videos, so I decided to register on this forum, which is most unnatural for me to do. I understand this is the best section of the forum, where I can leave my opinions on old episodes?
My compliments on the excellent podcast, I am enjoying it thoroughly! :)

Last edited:
Greetings,
Currently I am still trying to catch up with the Exploring The Lord of the Rings podcast on YouTube and I just finished episode 104, so I still have quite a way to go and I am not even half way there yet. However, the YouTube comments are turned off and I am getting increasingly frustrated with not being able to give my feedback under your YouTube videos, so I decided to register on this forum, which is most unnatural for me to do. I understand this is the best section of the forum, where I can leave my opinions on old episodes?
My compliments on the excellent podcast, I am enjoying it thoroughly! :)
Hi Willomir,

Yes, this forum is a good place to both register your own opinions on previous episodes, and also see what other people's reaction to those episodes was.

Hope you enjoy it, and contribute!

Hi Willomir,

Yes, this forum is a good place to both register your own opinions on previous episodes, and also see what other people's reaction to those episodes was.

Hope you enjoy it, and contribute!
Thank you for the warm welcome, @Flammifer ! :)
I have already found the thread on the 'boulders in the flood' issue and contributed my point of view to this mystery, but I haven't received any response to it yet unfortunately. Also I was kind of bothered how professor Olsen spent too little time on a scene of Weathertop, so I have to spit through this forum to find if there is already a thread on that scene as well as locate the (even for me) old episode to gather all the required information for my discussion.
Hopefully I'm not too much of an annoyance digging up old threads in this forum. I do try to reach where y'all currently are in the Lord of the Rings, it took me more than a year to digest 100 episodes, I have increased the pace for the next 200 episodes, so I hope to be up to date with you at the end of this year, but I have to admit I have my doubts too and this journey of catching up might probably take bit longer than planned, we'll see. ;)

Thank you for the warm welcome, @Flammifer ! :)
I have already found the thread on the 'boulders in the flood' issue and contributed my point of view to this mystery, but I haven't received any response to it yet unfortunately. Also I was kind of bothered how professor Olsen spent too little time on a scene of Weathertop, so I have to spit through this forum to find if there is already a thread on that scene as well as locate the (even for me) old episode to gather all the required information for my discussion.
Hopefully I'm not too much of an annoyance digging up old threads in this forum. I do try to reach where y'all currently are in the Lord of the Rings, it took me more than a year to digest 100 episodes, I have increased the pace for the next 200 episodes, so I hope to be up to date with you at the end of this year, but I have to admit I have my doubts too and this journey of catching up might probably take bit longer than planned, we'll see. ;)
Good fortune, and lots of enjoyment on your worthy quest.

I don’t know if you’ve ever looked at a YouTube comment thread, but I can understand why they are turned off. A reasonable discussion amongst people here, no matter how intense, still maintains a sense of decorum, unlike the name calling and mudslinging that YouTube comments have a tendency towards.

I don’t know if you’ve ever looked at a YouTube comment thread, but I can understand why they are turned off. A reasonable discussion amongst people here, no matter how intense, still maintains a sense of decorum, unlike the name calling and mudslinging that YouTube comments have a tendency towards.
Hi 14detail,

The comment thread on Exploring Lord of the Rings does not have much name calling and mudslinging associated. However, it is not mainly on You Tube either. The main live commentary is on the Discord server. If you are trying to catch up, like Willomir, I don't think it would be very useful. It is pretty rapid fire, with a lot of in-jokes, it pretty much needs to be seen in conjunction with Corey's lecture to make sense (though the chat occasionally veers off into wild tangents). For sure, the comments are in no way as structured or in depth as the posts on these forums.

@I4detail , I do look at the YouTube comments, and they can indeed be blunt. I am even willing to admit that in the past I have written dumb comments in the moment, I later on sorely regretted having posted them. However, leaving a comment does help make the YouTube video more popular through the almighty algorithm and help the YouTube channel grow. Nowadays I try to make my comments as constructive as possible, but even with the best intentions, my remark can still be misunderstood. :oops:

There is also the misinformation. I just received a reply on my YouTube comment from a copycat, pretending to be the video creator, to contact them on Telegram, which is clearly a scam. :mad: This happens a lot lately for certain YouTube channels, so turning off the comments is probably for the best indeed... :(

Back