Haleth

Status
Not open for further replies.

MithLuin

Administrator
Staff member
Haleth is a young woman who becomes the leader of her people during desperate circumstances. While we will (eventually) see her and her people peacefully settled in the Forest of Brethil, prior to that they will under siege in a stockade they built while Boldog attacks, travelling through Nan Dungortheb and facing giant spiders, meeting proud elf lords (Caranthir and Thingol), and finally killing Tevildo and his cats.

So, naturally, we would like to find an actress who is physically fit and can come across as competent in fight sequences. But more importantly than that, we want someone with a very strong will. Haleth is a charismatic leader who unites her people into a single entity who will follow her no matter where she leads them. Her force of will is the most significant aspect of her personality. The Haladin in general are rather small/short people, so Haleth is tall for one of them, but significantly shorter than the elves she interacts with (Caranthir, Thingol [who is 6'5" in our adaptation], Beleg)

I would like to nominate Yadira Guevara-Prip for the role of Haleth.
1620448047019.png
She is 5'3" and 25 years old. She appears in Star Trek: Discovery and Supernatural. Most recently, she was Bow Lion in the television series See. The show is about a post-apocalyptic world in which nearly everyone is blind, and she plays an action role...alongside Jason Momoa. Seriously, 'blind' Jason Momoa is ripping people's heads off in this TV show. And this little girl is believable as a warrior helping him out. "I stand with Baba Voss" scene and fight scene (Coincidentally, her character is present when some babies are born...and also later when those babies are teenagers. So, she did technically play a younger version of herself on this show.)

1620446843717.png

Oh, right...and this wouldn't be the first time she's handled a spear:

EDIT: WAS CHOSEN; OK BY EXECS

Last edited by a moderator:
NAOMI SCOTT
28 y.o
5ft 4''

Credits include Power Rangers (2017), Charlie's Angels (2019) and Aladdin (2019). There's a real range emotionally between those characters, while also showing she has the chops to full of action and physical drama.

3.png2.png1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Adah Sharma
Height: 5'5"

1622435538813.png
I am not familiar with Bollywood films, but it is my understanding that young women in them are typically much more meek and/or more sexy than we want to portray Haleth. A strong-willed young woman who orders around the men in her life is not the average run of the mill character. So I was relieved to stumble upon an actress who does not play 'typical' roles. In the clips I've seen, I think she tends to come across as quite self-assured, which is a good starting point.

Adah Sharma debuted with 1920, a film which asks the question, 'What if the Exorcist were set in a British manor house and were filmed as a period drama?' She played the part of the young woman possessed by a demon. So, naturally, her behavior was strange and in your face. But she also got to express some fear over her circumstances.

1622435837388.png

She has also starred in action films Commando 2 and Commando 3, in which her character engages in martial arts fight scenes. She's the one with purple hair dye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back