Season 1 Episode Outlines

Here's a draft of the outline for episode 6! A bit tricky.

Attachments

• SilmFilmS01.E6TheEndOfSpring.pdf
    133.8 KB · Views: 6
Draft of episode 7 outline...

Attachments

• SilmFilmS01.E7LordsAndRefugees.pdf
    79.5 KB · Views: 2
I think I'll have to post these on the Shiny thread. I don't know if I'll have the time to do that before tomorrow. But If anyone has any comments, I'll do what I can to adjust the outlines and repost on the 'Shiny'.

Really quickly, I spotted a bit in episode 6. When Melkor makes his tirade to the proto-balrogs, before he leaves, he has a brief aside with Gothmog, saying that he wishes he never helped them with those lamps. They share a knowing look. We have to give Melkor some direct culpability in this.

Yay, we got them all in by Friday! Thanks so much, guys! I haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but will hopefully do so shortly.

You guys are champs, I'm really excited to hear the Professor talk about them on air and maybe taking some time to revise them over the summer. I hope they don't go on hiatus too long after Season one, I've decided I have too much going on this summer to justify taking classes, but that means my mornings will open back up for a few months before September rolls around and I would like to fill them with roundtables and outlines!

Would everyone be alright if I continued to work on this season's outlines? If anyone else has become attached to an outline they arranged and would like to continue working on it, by all means let me know below or in a personal message. I'm not here to step on toes. I'm just a sucker for consistency, and I did offer to take on this task- a task I would like to see through. Having the other outlines organized by everyone else will also help me greatly; I by no means plan on discarding them. (Also, I would still love any feedback from my first three outlines. An author is never finished until their work is published, right? And these will never be published, so keep the ideas/critiques/corrections coming. Perhaps those can go in their respective 'Session' threads, however, to keep this one focused.)

And obviously, this is all dependant on what the EPs say this Friday, so...

Would everyone be alright if I continued to work on this season's outlines? If anyone else has become attached to an outline they arranged and would like to continue working on it, by all means let me know below or in a personal message. I'm not here to step on toes. I'm just a sucker for consistency, and I did offer to take on this task- a task I would like to see through. Having the other outlines organized by everyone else will also help me greatly; I by no means plan on discarding them. (Also, I would still love any feedback from my first three outlines. An author is never finished until their work is published, right? And these will never be published, so keep the ideas/critiques/corrections coming. Perhaps those can go in their respective 'Session' threads, however, to keep this one focused.)

And obviously, this is all dependant on what the EPs say this Friday, so...
Consistency is good, so that sounds great. Regarding discussions on the episodes I worked on, I can just say that I was only the editor but I'd love to discuss them. I'll read your outlines as well and give feedback, absolutely.

And yes, it would probably be a good idea to wait until the execs have had their say.

Oh, please, go right ahead! I mostly recruited additional help so you wouldn't feel the burden of meeting the Friday deadline with all 13 all by your lonesome - it has always been my intention to turn over the rough drafts I worked on to others for more fleshing out and cohesion. You've done a great job with the first 3, and I look forward to seeing what you can do with the rest.

I am looking forward to Friday's discussion with a mix of anticipation and dread. I am afraid I have maybe become too attached to some of 'our' ideas, and will be disappointed if they slash through everything with red pen.

But the goal is to do a good job, so I'd rather they discard cheesy ideas rather than keep awkward scenes just to go along. But it's like when you first show a beta a fanfic and they (essentially) tell you your idea doesn't work - soul crushing! Hehe, I'll survive.

Well, the execs took a look at them!

They seemed a bit surprised by our 'toned down' Gilraen, and pleased with the introduction of the Fëanturi. They also wound up reworking some of the first few episodes. Most importantly, though, we saved the Lamps! Corey Olsen is fairly easy to bully into submission, which was the most important take away from today's discussion :p

Well, it helps to be articulate and have a good core to whatever you're trying to talk him into. He's a professor, he responds well to impassioned rhetorical persuasion!

Back