Arwen

Richol Richards

I nominate Gemma Arterton, BAFTA and Laurence Olivier Award-nominated actress. What drew me to her as my choice was the depth of her expression and capability of delivering that ethereal older-and-wiser-beyond-physical-appearance essence that basically defines the elves. She has a graceful disposition and, more than that, a lovely, soothing sort of voice that I think will handle elvish speech exceptionally well. I believe she will perform this role excellently, if cast. There's a certain gravitas to Arwen in this season's frame that Arterton can bring out very credibly.

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 10.37.02 AM.png gemma.jpg

on imdb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2605345/
5' 7", 30 years old

EDIT: WAS CHOSEN; OK BY EXECS

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I'd never even heard of Gemma Arterton, but now I think I'm convinced she should play Arwen. For the sake of having more than one choice, though, I nominate Daisy Ridley. She has that ability to play a young but strong and willful character, and I think she would really bring new energy to Arwen's character, while also giving nuance to the role.
Daisy%2BRidley4.jpg
p9c3yfyqulwinjo7sgnn.jpg

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5397459/
Height: 5' 7"

EDIT: WAS LATER CHOSEN TO PLAY MERIL, WIFE OF ORODRETH, MOTHER OF GIL-GALAD

I nominate Rebecca Ferguson. Yes, I know someone nominated her for Arwen's friend (what a coincidence!), but I think she'd shine even more as Arwen herself. I want a bigger role for her! She has something mystical, almost elvish, about her. Rebecca has been in some movies, but her definite breakthrough came with Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation where she played Ilsa Faust, a spy. Her performance was brilliant and some fans even wanted her to be the center in the next Mission Impossible movies, replacing Tom Cruise. I really doubt that will happen, but she'll be in that franchise moving forward for sure. We'll see much more of her in the years to come.

Height: 5' 7" (1,7 m)
ory32_jsafo.jpg
mission_impossible_rogue_nation_rebecca_ferguson-wide.jpg

EDIT: WAS CHOSEN TO PLAY EIRIEN; ARWEN'S FRIEND

Back